Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Useful models and proxies (AT-43 or WH40K)
Useful models and proxies
zellakDate: Wednesday, 07-Mar-2012, 21:20:21 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Armoured truck....AT-43 / WH40K / Gang Wars

Old Crow Models (£10.00 + P&P)
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 07-Mar-2012, 21:21:15

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 07-Mar-2012, 22:17:30 | Message # 2
Aun Va III
That's pretty good that one!

Just stick on a gun turret of some kind and you've got your armaments sorted... niceeeeee!

Here's another link to Old Crow ... http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/ocproducts.htm ... Walts

zellakDate: Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 22:03:57 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
A new picture of dust tactics soviet attack helicopter.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_con....ter.png
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 09-Mar-2012, 22:05:00

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 13:58:04 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Hey z ... I've been looking at various other models as mock-ups for APC ...

>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120870693910

... but I've no idea for dimensions. Can u measure one of the ONi vehicles (LxWxH) and let me know what scale/size I should be looking at? Thanks, Walts

zellakDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 15:16:07 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
If you are using Tau ...then you cannot go far wrong with the Devilfish.

Plenty of EvilEmpire stuff on e-bay.

(and 1/35 scale vehicles are for 54mm miniatures surprised )

Added (10-Mar-2012, 2:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Conversion of toy Huey Cobra.

Its a bit big, but would make a nice centre piece for a scenario. biggrin
Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 15:18:11

BalrogDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 16:08:29 | Message # 6
Aun Va III
Hi z ... I did think on the Devilfish (& Hammer!) for AT-43 APC (& Type III's), but they seem to big? I'll bring one in and compare against some AT-43 models next time there's a game on.

I'd had a look for scales to MM ratio and found this ref site ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scale_model_sizes ... so I've a good idea what size models will be, but I'll most likely hack-up odds & bods to make something that's not physically too big for the battleground, depending on the scale of the models I buy. I'd like to get 1:72'ish, but 1:35 can be hacked up and glued together as little projects for my Tau transports. That's why I was going to use the ONi transport as a ref to the physical size of a model on the table as it holds 12 troopers.

That model looks like a GI Joe ship? Check out the web for all GI Joe's wacky models, their pretty good looking, just a tad big! ...

>>> G.I. Joe Cobra Gunship

... I'd looked at them as well, but like u said, too big ... Walts

zellakDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 18:37:08 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Does it matter what size the model is ?

All measurements are from the base, so no big deal, and all LOS from the centre, so no problem again.

WH40K is different as i have read a lot of people measure from the end of the gun / missile.

And aye, looks like it is GI Joe.............. LOL.

BalrogDate: Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 20:46:56 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Does it matter what size the model is?

I guess not, but it does add a touch of more realism if close to the mark? And everything is based on the center/base, so double guess not! biggrin

Did we every agree on base sizes for transports? 80mm for (upto) 8 troop carriers and 130mm for anything bigger (12 troopers, etc) ... OR, do they even need bases, like the ONi vehicles? ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 13-Mar-2012, 11:15:53 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
It does not matter what we agreed.

The Umpire must be petitioned (by PM) about anything outside the RAW (rules as written) and then input to be processed by the Umpire (via a thread).

(note ; maximum of one post per player.)

And then a decision to be made by the Umpire.

So by the RAW.

Camel and BTR-5 are Type 1

DK and Kraken are Type 2

Medium Enforcer has no base.

And awaiting a ruling on the Wyvern. (but prolly the only transport on Type 3 base.)

Added (13-Mar-2012, 10:15 AM)
---------------------------------------------
http://aliendungeon.blogspot.com/

here is a link to a rather spiffy model.

Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 10-Mar-2012, 22:26:42

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Useful models and proxies (AT-43 or WH40K)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024