Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Grumpy Old Wargamers Corner (Have a moan!)
Grumpy Old Wargamers Corner
BalrogDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 11:16:02 | Message # 21
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Quote (pavlov)
play the rules no advantage to one or the other just play the rules.

As long as a rule tweak effects ALL army's the same, IMHO, then the rule tweak made at the beginning of the campaign didn't benefit any one army, so no adv to anyone, ergo OK!

As z said ... having 10+ civvy's running around is mental! wacko Imagine four army's clashing on the one battlefield ... u could have upto 24 Civvy's all taking soil samples and making a mess with their muddy boots ... tongue no thanks! tongue Civvy's shouldn't be main objectives, just a bit of spice between factions to make capturing ONE a bit of a challenge, without killing him!

I'm sure we decided to make Civvy's immortal before anyone bothered to field them? The fact that the Therian & ONi's control the most isn't a big deal as there's only four in the game just now. It's how I like it, but any suggestions are always fun! wink

Walts

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 12:28:53 | Message # 22
Major general
As long as a rule tweak effects ALL army's the same, IMHO, then the rule tweak made at the beginning of the campaign didn't benefit any one army, so no adv to anyone, ergo OK!

Wrong very very wrong

As z said ... having 10+ civvy's running around is mental! wacko Imagine four army's clashing on the one battlefield ... u could have upto 24 Civvy's all taking soil samples and making a mess with their muddy boots ... tongue no thanks! tongue Civvy's shouldn't be main objectives, just a bit of spice between factions to make capturing ONE a bit of a challenge, without killing him!

Yet again wrong very very wrong, the point of civeng is not about h2h.

I'm sure we decided to make Civvy's immortal before anyone bothered to field them? The fact that the Therian & ONi's control the most isn't a big deal as there's only four in the game just now. It's how I like it, but any suggestions are always fun!

Wrong realy very very wrong this was changed after the tarmac space port where 2 were captured, at this point the Blok and Una players should have been able to replace them as per the rules.

The fact that the Therian & ONi's control the most isn't a big deal as there's only four in the game just now.

Wrong just plain wrong, we are continuing to play a campagne where one faction has an artificialy created advantage whch cannot be chnaged during a game , when Tom played the engineers they were first on the table thus giving tom 150 easy points which could not be destroyed this allowed him to bring on reinforcements turn two. No other player/faction has that advantage. You would target them as a priority turn one.

None of your arguments get away from the fact that one faction is benefiting from a rule change in fact two rules changes, play the rules just the rules .

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BanksiDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 12:56:27 | Message # 23
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (zellak)
There is f%&k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield !!! angry

I see we are getting to the point where changing, altering, miss reading the rules has gone to a different level, so gone are the sensible, well thought out, fair amendments to parts that are unclear - perhaps we should dump at-43 and all play 40k, then you'll see how rules [/u]shouldn't[u] be written
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 12:59:38

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 14:16:41 | Message # 24
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
perhaps we should dump at-43 and all play 40k

Aye , right. dry

Quote (pavlov)
a campaign where one faction has an artificialy created advantage whch cannot be changed during a game

Its not artificial, the ONI won the civengs in fair combat.

This is what was intended to happen.

And it can be changed during the game....come and get them !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 14:28:57 | Message # 25
Major general

Its not artificial, the ONI won the civengs in fair combat.

Can't disagree with that, that's how it happend but what you have got wrong was the fact that the rules for civ/eng wrere changed after that game giving an advantage and an unfair advantage to the player controling (and that's any player not a slight at Tom or anyone else for that matter) them since they can't be killed.

And it can be changed during the game

I doubt that since no army has the points cost to "wade in" first turn or the speed on any of the map to
come and get them !
so that holds no water.

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 14:36:48 | Message # 26
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Yet again wrong very very wrong, the point of civeng is not about h2h.

As their classified as "mobile battle objectives" worth 50 RP's during a battle, I can't really see them as anything else, other than objectives to capture?

Quote (pavlov)
Wrong realy very very wrong this was changed after the tarmac space port where 2 were captured, at this point the Blok and Una players should have been able to replace them as per the rules.

I thought we made the decision before fielding them? Guess not!?!? ... me being the boy with no memory. I suppose that does put a different slant on things, but it doesn bother me, and as z has said ... "come & get them if u think ur hard enough!" What's to stop us trying to win them back, or kill them if we make them mortal at the next meeting?

I still think the four that are in the game are enough, regardless of who has them now. As z & Tom won them from Red Blok & UNA ... "to the victor the spoils" ... 150 RP's ain't going to win/lose a campaign!

Quote (pavlov)
Wrong just plain wrong, we are continuing to play a campagne where one faction has an artificialy created advantage whch cannot be chnaged during a game , when Tom played the engineers they were first on the table thus giving tom 150 easy points which could not be destroyed this allowed him to bring on reinforcements turn two. No other player/faction has that advantage. You would target them as a priority turn one.

None of your arguments get away from the fact that one faction is benefiting from a rule change in fact two rules changes, play the rules just the rules .

Alan

Making them mortal is more than enough to even the balance, IMHO. So, we make them mortal, drop an artillery strike on their heads, snipe their eyeballs or just plain blast them and job done! No worries about the ONi stranglehold of the Civvy's!

Walts

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 14:37:04 | Message # 27
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
but what you have got wrong was the fact that the rules for civ/eng wrere changed after that game giving an advantage and an unfair advantage to the player controling (and that's any player not a slight at Tom or anyone else for that matter) them since they can't be killed.

So we could change the rules so that you are happy....what would you like to see ?

I will never agree with having a civeng attached to every infantry squad.

It will change the game so much it will not be worth playing. Others made that mistake.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 14:58:09 | Message # 28
Major general
As their classified as "mobile battle objectives" worth 50 RP's during a battle
No there not there civil engineers and classed as heroes.

What's to stop us trying to win them back
Because as pointed out above most factions dont have the points available to come & get them first turn after turn one it's too late. Yes I agree they should be just like standard heroe's but I did argue that first time around when the rule was changed to "make the game intresting"

So we could change the rules so that you are happy....what would you like to see

Play the rules as is.

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 15:08:13 | Message # 29
Generalissimo
Civeng are only noted as heroes in the Elysee Colony sector mission. (page 86)

They are not Heroes in the new rules pages. (OP:FB page 10)

If we make them Heroes, then they can be killed...but come back again, unless the entire Company is destroyed.

Added (03-Dec-2011, 3:08 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Pavlov)
Play the rules as is.

Thats unacceptable. sad
Message edited by zellak - Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 15:15:48

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 15:39:13 | Message # 30
Major general
Hi

Fine my mistake

Each platoon in a company may include up to three civil
engineers;

Each engineer can be integrated to one of the company’s
infantry units for free. A unit can only include one civil engineer.

A civil engineer who suffers an impact is immediately eliminated.

No damage test is required. Nonetheless he can be
saved using abilities that allow this (“Medic!”, and so on).

Them's the rules and they work for me.

Play the rules

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 15:43:38 | Message # 31
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
Them's the rules and they work for me.

They wont work for the good of the campaign.

So we will have to agree to disagree.

i will be voting against one civeng per unit.

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 16:34:41 | Message # 32
Major general
They wont work for the good of the campaign

They don't work for anyone other than the Oni right now so how does that benefit the campagne.
Message edited by pavlov - Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 16:57:07

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 17:57:05 | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
They don't work for anyone other than the Oni right now so how does that benefit the campagne.

Maybe, but he earned the right to the advantage through aggressive gameplay.

To the victor ,the spoils.

pavlovDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:02:26 | Message # 34
Major general
Bollocks

BanksiDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:06:49 | Message # 35
Major general
Quote (pavlov)

Actually I think we should have won one in the last battle since the ONi ran away smile And he wasn't exactly aggressive
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:07:45

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:09:02 | Message # 36
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
Bollocks

Yet another classic one word post from the master of debate. tongue biggrin

BanksiDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:10:22 | Message # 37
Major general
Quote (zellak)
Yet another classic one word post from the master of debate.

Something stated with one word can have more meaning that War and Peace biggrin
Message edited by Banksi - Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:10:53

zellakDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:13:31 | Message # 38
Generalissimo
Quote (Banksi)
Actually I think we should have won one in the last battle since the ONi ran away And he wasn't exactly aggressive

I got one off him and will bring it to Mount Serenity...you can take it off me.

i dont have any King Tigers (new term for type 3 AFV)
biggrin

BalrogDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:17:00 | Message # 39
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)
Something stated with one word can have more meaning than War & Peace

To quote the master ... "Bollocks" ... tongue ... soz, couldn't resist! blink surprised blink ... Walts

BanksiDate: Saturday, 03-Dec-2011, 18:21:53 | Message # 40
Major general
Quote (zellak)

i dont have any King Tigers (new term for type 3 AFV)

The problem with king tigers was there wasn't enough of them..... WHAT an idea, a KM guarding another 2 KM's now thats an army.

You do know the Therians have never faced the Karmans in this campaign?

Looks forward to stealing an engineer from the Therians
B)

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » Grumpy Old Wargamers Corner (Have a moan!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024