Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 Forum » AT-43: Da' Umpire Protocols? (Some thoughts on Da' Umpires role in AT-43)
AT-43: Da' Umpire Protocols?
BalrogDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 23:05:22 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... As Gerry's now taken on the role as our AT-43 umpire, I just wonder how his role should be structured?

As "Da' Umpire" his voice is final in all things, but how do we approach him should an issue arise? Do we just go ahead and create a thread as usual OR PM him directly before creating a thread to rant & rave OR does he now decide that we have a valid issue and can create an open thread for all players to give opinions, then he decides the outcome of everyone's rantings OR ... ???

I'm sure minor issues will always keep popping up, and players might have thoughts & suggestions they would like to put forward to enhance the game ... so what protocols do we have in place now we have an umpire?

Personally, I think we should approach Da Umpire firstly on any & all AT-43 issues we have to see if he wants to allow us an open topic or whether he can/wants to save us the aggro and give his voice to that raised issue? Any thoughts? ... Walts.

zellakDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 23:13:15 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
I had only two issues that needed to be addressed, so i e-mailed him.

Both have been dealt with. biggrin

i personally, do not want Gerry to be subjected to rants and raves on the forum.

So best that he lays down some guidelines as to how the campaign progresses.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

gerrywithaGDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 23:14:43 | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Walts,

Personally, I would prefer that people approach me first so that I can have a look at whatever rule or point is being raised.

I'll then put the topic on the forum worded in a fashion that doesn't favour anybody and also allows players a modicum of anonymity and hopefully prevent any " Flame Wars" ( Perish the thought!!!! ) starting about the said topic. After people have expressed an opinion I'll then make a decision based on the available info.

Hope that explains as to when and how I see the umpire's role being used

Da' Umpire

Added (27-Jan-2012, 10:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (zellak)
I had only two issues that needed to be addressed, so i e-mailed him.

Both have been dealt with.

i personally, do not want Gerry to be subjected to rants and raves on the forum.

So best that he lays down some guidelines as to how the campaign progresses.

Done!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Da' Umpire

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Friday, 27-Jan-2012, 23:24:03 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Quote (gerrywithaG)
Walts,

Personally, I would prefer that people approach me first so that I can have a look at whatever rule or point is being raised.

I'll then put the topic on the forum worded in a fashion that doesn't favour anybody and also allows players a modicum of anonymity and hopefully prevent any " Flame Wars" ( Perish the thought!!!! ) starting about the said topic. After people have expressed an opinion I'll then make a decision based on the available info.

Hope that explains as to when and how I see the umpire's role being used

Da' Umpire

Hi Gerry ... That sounds perfect!

As u know, we all have our own opinions, so being able to express them is important, but I'm sure we're all agreed now that ur decision is final. As long as we get a chance to "rant within reason", I'm sure you'll keep the peace ... Thanks, Walts

zellakDate: Sunday, 21-Oct-2012, 09:14:02 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
There is no reason for this thread to be part of the new tweak set.

Gerry was the Umpire of a campaign that never happened.

Though he is still a Moderator for the forum, his input on all rule changes carries no more weight than any other player wishing to play test ideas dreamed up on this forum.

The only things that should be sticky are play tested rules that will then be core parts of the the new tweak set.
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 21-Oct-2012, 09:27:31

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

gerrywithaGDate: Sunday, 21-Oct-2012, 21:21:52 | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Yip, that's perfectly true.......

......so this is being moved! biggrin

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

zellakDate: Saturday, 01-Dec-2012, 15:19:35 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Could we have this thread moved to the archives ? (2012 AT-43 campaign)

Forum » Archives » AT-43 Forum » AT-43: Da' Umpire Protocols? (Some thoughts on Da' Umpires role in AT-43)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024