Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Meta Wars » General discussion » Meta Wars (rule differences from WW2 BA)
Meta Wars
zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Feb-2014, 20:21:09 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Meta wars uses the Bolt Action rules....but with a few house rules.

1 ) Unpainted miniatures cost double points.

2 ) Measuring ranges ; measure from between the closest miniatures between firing and target units. All miniatures count firing from that range.

3 ) Medics ; see thread. (Medic activates and must get into contact with wounded to heal them on a 4+ )

4 ) Artillery Barrage ; on a roll of 1 on the table ..... barrage scatters ( scatter dice )1d20+4" and resolve barrage as usual.

5 ) Mechs ; move as half-tracks, count same armour all round, Mechs only fire to their front arc.

6 ) Missiles ; costed as guns, may not move and fire, targets do not get cover bonuses.

7 ) Down ; A unit that goes Down benefits from a -2 to be hit instead of -1.

8 ) 7+ to hit ; Instead of rolling a 6 twice.......half the number of attacks rounding down, (but always get 1 die). KoW rule. happy

9 ) HQ's in Meta Wars can add their morale bonus to AFV, as they represent combined arms combat groups.
( rather than support from other regiments )
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 18-Feb-2014, 19:54:03

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Sunday, 16-Feb-2014, 21:08:47 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote zellak ()

2 ) Measuring ranges ; measure from between the closest miniatures between firing and target units. All miniatures count firing from that range.
3 ) Medics ; see thread. (Medic activates and must get into contact with wounded to heal them on a 4+ )
4 ) Artillery Barrage ; on a roll of 1 on the table ..... barrage scatters ( scatter dice ) 1d3 x 8" and resolve barrage as usual.
5 ) Mechs ; move as half-tracks, count same armour all round, Mechs only fire to their front arc.
6 ) Missiles ; costed as guns, may not move and fire, targets do not get cover bonuses.
8 ) 7+ to hit ; Instead of rolling a 6 twice.......half the number of attacks rounding down, (but always get 1 die). KoW rule. happy

Some feedback ...
    1] Agree!!!
    2] Sounds good. Nice, simple & quick!
    3] Still an ongoing thread? Can u look-see and update thread, thanks.
    4] I luv rolling dice ... what about 4d6 & scatter dice? Multiplication hurts my head! BA effect = Delay.
    5] Sounds good.
    6] Sounds good.
    7] Sounds good.
    8] Yeah, I like that idea too ... so for infantry attacks, half dice and need 6 to hits ... tension builder!!!
Good job on getting rules together ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Feb-2014, 21:26:02 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
3) Will have a look.

4 ) In BA the enemy get to move the barrage 24" it can be a game changer....and not in a good way.

Would you rather have it that the barrage is delayed ?

Whats up with multiplication Walts ??? tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Sunday, 16-Feb-2014, 21:54:37 | Message # 4
Major general
Quote zellak ()
4 ) In BA the enemy get to move the barrage 24" it can be a game changer....and not in a good way.

Would you rather have it that the barrage is delayed ?

Whats up with multiplication Walts ??? tongue

4] Yeah, never liked that myself.
Not 100% sure how to play a barrage that misses on a 1. Shouldn't there be some mishap against the FOO's army?
Here's the table ...
    Artillery Barrage Chart - D6 Effect
    1 Miscalculation. Enemy may target point up to 24’’ in any direction then resolve an artillery barrage as described for result 4-6 below.
    2 - 3 Delay. Move the marker up to 12". Roll again on the chart at the start of next turn.
    4 - 6 Fire for Effect. Roll a die for every unit within D6+6" of the target. On a 1-5, unit takes D3 Pin Markers. On a 6, unit is hit by heavy howitzer.
... Not really sure what to do or offer as a suggestion. Maybe just say it is a FFE, but half effects, rounded down as the barrage scatters all over the place and is less effective???

Multiplication just hurts my head, don't ask me why, so someone will have to keep me right if you guys want to stick with the single die roll wink

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Tuesday, 18-Feb-2014, 19:53:12 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Got it....1d20+4 inches ! cool

MorgothDate: Thursday, 20-Feb-2014, 00:56:21 | Message # 6
Major general
Quote zellak ()
Got it....1d20+4 inches !

Excellent suggestion!!! happy wink

Did u have a play about with the roll of a 1 and "Delay" with scatter die or ???

Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 20-Feb-2014, 18:22:03 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Yes , Che actually rolled a one for his barrage...and we used the scatter dice and 1d3 x 8 inches.....it scattered 16" and missed everybody. happy

But 1d20 +4 inches will be just as good. cool

There is no delay if you roll a 1 on the table.

MorgothDate: Friday, 21-Feb-2014, 22:17:34 | Message # 8
Major general
So, do u guys play the DELAY (die roll 2-3) and
FIRE FOR EFFECT (die roll 4 - 6) as per the BA
barrage rules, written above?

Walts

zellakDate: Sunday, 23-Feb-2014, 18:58:54 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Quote Morgoth ()
So, do u guys play the DELAY (die roll 2-3) and
FIRE FOR EFFECT (die roll 4 - 6) as per the BA
barrage rules, written above?

Walts

Yep. happy

RAW

Added (23-Feb-2014, 5:58 PM)
---------------------------------------------

4 ) Artillery Barrage ; on a roll of 1 on the table ..... barrage scatters ( scatter dice )1d20+4" and resolve barrage as usual.

9 ) HQ's in Meta Wars can add their morale bonus to AFV, as they represent combined arms combat groups.
( rather than support from other regiments )

10 ) Commanders can take a rally action to remove pin markers from any unit.
One die roll attempt per +1 bonus of the Commander. ( ie Captain is +3 so gets 3 attempts at different units. )
A success removes 1d3 pins from the unit.

11 ) Infantry movement reduced to 4" Advance and 8" Run. ( Fixing; To many close assaults ! )
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 28-Feb-2014, 13:33:56

Forum » Meta Wars » General discussion » Meta Wars (rule differences from WW2 BA)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024