Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Meta Wars » General discussion » Medic Rules (Some clarity on how Medic's play)
Medic Rules
MorgothDate: Wednesday, 12-Feb-2014, 07:10:48 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote zellak ()
When a guy gets killed, lie the figure down, then when the medic activates he can either cure a guy in his squad ( if he is part of a squad ) or move into contact ( if he is a free roaming single medic).

Then roll a dice, on a 5+ the injured guy gets back up and fights on, (dead on a 1-4)remove the figure as normal otherwise.

This will remove the 6" radius magic bubble effect

Hi Guys

Apologies for asking the following Q's, but I don't want to assume anything regarding the change in the Medic rules.

Here's some initial Q's on the new Medic rule ...

1] At the end of the round, are injured inf removed from play, or can a Medic patch up those wounded anytime during the game?

2] Can a Medic only heal one inf per round? Say a unit he goes to help has three wounded in it, can he heal all?

3] If attached to a unit, he can't heal anyone outside that unit?

4] If the Medic is in a unit that has activated before and one of his comrades gets wounded, can he patch them up?

5] Can a Medic be armed with a weapon? In BA, it's normally a pistol.

... That's all I can think of for now,

Thanks, Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Wednesday, 12-Feb-2014, 10:09:57 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Some good questions Walts. happy

1) No, they stay rolling around on the ground in agony until a Medic turns up.

2) I would think only one guy a round.....but I'm open to opinions.

3) He could heal other guys but the unit would have to move with him.
( we joked on Sunday about it looking like "Band of Brothers"....where the medic is working on someone and the squad are standing around watching...instead of fighting the Krauts. )

4) The medic only heals when he/she activates.

5) Our default points cost of 10 AP is for a Regular man with a bolt action rifle.

(My UNA list has a medic...which i declared as unarmed cos i was 5 points over 1500 ! )

All my answers are only my opinions....none of which are canon in any way.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Thursday, 13-Feb-2014, 18:08:20 | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
2) I would think only one guy a round.....but I'm open to opinions.

[b]I agree. 1 figure per round seems reasonable.

Quote zellak ()
5) Our default points cost of 10 AP is for a Regular man with a bolt action rifle.

I thought we agreed that a medic would cost the same as an infantry man + 10pts. Which means a medic would cost 20pts in total (or more if he had a different weapon) or am I talking through a suppository surprised or have I missed your point entirely? wacko
Message edited by Che - Thursday, 13-Feb-2014, 18:15:19

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Friday, 14-Feb-2014, 11:32:33 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Quote Che ()
I thought we agreed that a medic would cost the same as an infantry man + 10pts.

Aye....10 AP for a man with a bolt action rifle plus 10 AP for a medic = 20 AP happy

( remember +5 AP is to upgrade the bolt action rifle to an Assault rifle. )

You could replace the BA rifle with a pistol for free (???)...or be unarmed (- 5 AP ????)

Added (14-Feb-2014, 10:32 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Che
I agree. 1 figure per round seems reasonable.

Maybe a 4+ to heal rather than a 5+..... ?????

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Friday, 14-Feb-2014, 15:31:17 | Message # 5
Major general
Hi Guys

Some thoughts on my own Q's ...

Quote Morgoth ()
1] At the end of the round, are injured inf removed from play ...
I'm not so sure we should have wounded models left on the table after the turn end? If a unit moves off and leaves the wounded, then we (... OK, me!) could get confused as to who belongs to who, and if their far away when healed, would they appear beside that unit or take turns to get to them?

Quote Morgoth ()
2] Can a Medic only heal one inf per round?
I like the idea of the medic healing any wounded within that unit ... maybe start with a 4+ for the first attempt, then 5+ and finally a 6 to heal three wounded max in an activation? Or keep it simple as 5+ across the board for all wounded?

Quote Morgoth ()
3] If attached to a unit, he can't heal anyone outside that unit?
The BA rule of a 1" space between units would make this awkward, so I would say he can only heal within his own unit?

Added (14-Feb-2014, 2:31 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Morgoth ()
4] If the Medic is in a unit that has activated before and one of his comrades gets wounded, can he patch them up?
I would say no, he's activated and has been busy elsewhere to help any fallen.

Quote Morgoth ()
5] Can a Medic be armed with a weapon?
I suppose in modern warfare, inf medics are going to be trained/armed like inf, so give them whatever weapons are available for inf. A Regular Medic costs 23pts when armed with a pistol in BA, 30pts as a Vet.

I can see why AC used the magic bubble now! wink wacko

Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Feb-2014, 21:48:26 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote Morgoth ()
could get confused as to who belongs to who, and if their far away when healed, would they appear beside that unit or take turns to get to them?

Dont mind which way its done, really dont think it will cause problems worth worrying about.

2 ) only one guy i would think....Che agrees.

3 ) Good point.

4 ) Not until he activates again

5 ) We have costed a regular guy with a BA rifle at 10 points, so he could be armed with a pistol and have the medic ability = cost 20 AP

MorgothDate: Thursday, 20-Feb-2014, 00:44:55 | Message # 7
Major general
Hi z

Apart from Q1 ... maybe test this on Sunday? ... the rest is looking good!

I'm not to clued up on AT43 or 40k ... how do they deal with wounded? I suppose I like a tidy battlefield wink ... all these dead Tau everywhere, I get nauseous! alco

Walts

zellakDate: Thursday, 20-Feb-2014, 18:29:59 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Quote Morgoth ()
I suppose I like a tidy battlefield
wink

If you dont buy a medic then you can take them all off. biggrin

Me and Che were planning on trying out the rules.....but neither of us took a medic....so it was moot... wacko
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 20-Feb-2014, 18:30:25

MorgothDate: Friday, 21-Feb-2014, 22:10:53 | Message # 9
Major general
I'm sure I'll be fielding one as I like the white models I have, and
only Medic's can really play god by raising the dead! So we can
do some dummy runs as we play to see how he gets on,

Walts
Message edited by Morgoth - Friday, 21-Feb-2014, 22:11:14

zellakDate: Sunday, 23-Feb-2014, 19:04:20 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Seemed to work quite well today. happy

Forum » Meta Wars » General discussion » Medic Rules (Some clarity on how Medic's play)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024