[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Frostgrave
Frostgrave
zellakDate: Saturday, 04-Jun-2016, 13:17:22 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
A first looking at "Into the Breeding Pits ".

http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.co.uk/2016....ts.html

Added (30-May-2016, 10:11 AM)
---------------------------------------------
There is a new school of Mage called Beast Master. Just need to get my Sigilist to level 50 by July, ......so I can start again.

Added (04-Jun-2016, 12:17 PM)
Edit....Its Beastcrafter not Beastmaster.....that was a movie.....silly me !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Tuesday, 14-Jun-2016, 18:16:01 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Looks interesting. I don't usually like games/rules that continually add things on and get more complicated but I guess with Frostgrave you can choose which bits you want to use and bugger the rest! wink

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016, 19:08:22 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
If the new stuff is Scenarios and stats for new monsters and new spells...then the rules are not changing , you are really just getting more options to expand the game. Like you say, just cherry pick the stuff you like. biggrin

Added (05-Jul-2016, 6:08 PM)
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=80477.1155

Got an answer from Joe ( Frostgrave game designer ) .....Bones of the Earth does inflict damage like a normal combat.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

RMcNDate: Saturday, 09-Jul-2016, 14:53:06 | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Seems strange to me for Bones of the earth to cause damage when it can be avoided with magical movement!

But hey ho its based on the D&D version 1 I believe - so dying over something unexpected when you are a low level is possible. Did you ask if someone trapped by the bones of the earth and then in combat do they suffer anything in melee?

I am just finishing some counters for Frost Grave, and started trawling through the Frosrt Grave figure pack I received. I have finished the Sigilist, the Enchanter, the Elementalist and apprenticees, and the Lich Lord, Vampire, Frost Wraith, and 2 armoured Skeletons. They are nicely sculpted figures from North Star.

CheDate: Saturday, 09-Jul-2016, 19:32:16 | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
But weren't you the one who raised the original query?[b]

Added (09-Jul-2016, 6:32 PM)
About Bon essay of the Earth? Sorry, up my own rule book at the moment! Pissed! wacko

RMcNDate: Saturday, 09-Jul-2016, 22:20:31 | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Yes I questioned why the Bones of the earth could do damage as it could be ignored if use magic to move a way from it, otherwise you have to attack it and cause a damage to get free of being held. It raises all sorts of questions - if hit by a magical weapon would that not eliminate the Bones of the earth? It is just a spell to HOLD after all. But the designer wants the victim to suffer wounds even possible death at the spell! So be it.

zellakDate: Sunday, 10-Jul-2016, 17:53:44 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
And multiple Bones of the Earth spells don't count as fighting multiple opponents as it is a spell effect not a combatant.

RMcNDate: Tuesday, 12-Jul-2016, 13:34:38 | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
In the Breeding pits there is a trap that Illuminates the person if they fail to avoid it - it makes clear that Glow cast on this character has no affect. It appears that with most spells like improving armour etc can only occur once.

zellakDate: Tuesday, 12-Jul-2016, 22:21:05 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Quote RMcN ()
It appears that with most spells like improving armour etc can only occur once.

Bones of the Earth is different, as I asked about multiple casting and Joe said that they would not stack as allies, as they are spell effects and not combatants.
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 12-Jul-2016, 22:21:53

RMcNDate: Thursday, 14-Jul-2016, 15:39:20 | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
So does that mean if you have multiple bones of the earth you have to fight off each one? Or does one fight resolve all spells? Considering any magical movement removes the spell.

Apart from locking down a treasure carrying character - what would be the point of multiple castings on one figure?

zellakDate: Tuesday, 26-Jul-2016, 22:23:14 | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Quote RMcN ()
So does that mean if you have multiple bones of the earth you have to fight off each one?

Yes, lets assume no other rules have been changed. You have to fight each one.... But, Joe says they don't stack in a fight.

Quote RMcN ()
any magical movement removes the spell.

Would one magic movement spell break multiple " bones of the earth" spells ?????

Prolly yes,,,

Added (26-Jul-2016, 9:23 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwAXooiPII

The author of Frostgrave explains the "push" spell.

RMcNDate: Saturday, 10-Sep-2016, 18:39:30 | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
I have another pleasant surprise in terrain for the Frostgrave players - you will need to wait and see it tomorrow!! ohyes

CheDate: Saturday, 12-Nov-2016, 16:41:26 | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
Had an idea for a Frostgrave scenario so I thought I'd put my initial jottings on the forum. The objective is to find The Chalice of Empowerment but I've only had a go at what it will do rather than what warbands have to overcome to get it. The Chalice can have negative, neutral or positive effects as follows;
Roll a d10 1- minus2 to future casting rolls permanently, 2- as 1 but for a D6 games, 3-6 No Effect, 7- +1 to all casting rolls for a D6 games, 8- +2 for a D6 games, 9- +1 permanently, 10- +2 permanently.
I'm not sure if this should apply to all casting rolls or just those from the Wizard's own school. Maybe it could be +2 for the school and +1 for allied schools. What are your thoughts?

zellakDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2016, 18:59:52 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Looks vicious if you roll a 1 !!! It would turn a Wizard into an apprentice.

At the other end it looks like a staff of casting ( though they only work for one spell and use up an item slot )

Would the Wizard have to carry the Chalice around or is it a one off event when she drinks from it ?

CheDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2016, 19:45:46 | Message # 15
Lieutenant general

Quote zellak ()
Would the Wizard have to carry the Chalice around or is it a one off event when she drinks from it ?

I was thinking a one off, like drinking from the well.

Quote zellak ()
Looks vicious if you roll a 1 !!! It would turn a Wizard into an apprentice.

Yeah,it does now you mention it. wacko Maybe it should be a temporary thing either way. Maybe I should just shelve it
unsure

zellakDate: Sunday, 13-Nov-2016, 20:59:40 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
No need to shelve it........

If its temporary, does it need to be an actual permanent magic item, why not a potion ?

CheDate: Tuesday, 15-Nov-2016, 16:12:08 | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
It's not meant to be an item. It is more a search for an entity (demon, genie or something else) that owns the chalice. The idea first came from the dark elf figure I painted for you. Thought she might be a dryad or something more sinister.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 16-Nov-2016, 00:09:03 | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Ah....so it could count as an item that is part of the Wizards base, like the dark cauldron and that kind of stuff ?

Maybe you could roll the D10 ( why not a D20 ??? tongue ) for any out of game spell ?

CheDate: Thursday, 17-Nov-2016, 17:45:08 | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
so it could count as an item that is part of the Wizards base

Er, well, no. I thought the wizard could take a drink from the chalice once the entity had been found, like the 'well scenario' in the main book. The warbands would have to try three or four trees/pillars/treasure tokens to find the entity. I can explain better when I see you again (don't when that will be though wacko ).
On another topic altogether, I've ordered the 'Forgotten Pacts' which should arrive tomorrow (Friday 18th).

zellakDate: Friday, 18-Nov-2016, 08:57:25 | Message # 20
Generalissimo
chalice ?...........no probs, can knock some ideas around later.

Hoping my kickstarter comes today or tomorrow, Forgotten Pacts book / box of barbarians/ 3 resin treasure markers for forgotten pacts / werewolf and werewolf's head resin marker / barbarian Wizard and Apprentice.

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » NAWGC Forum » Frostgrave
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024