Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » Infantry Armour » infantry representation.
infantry representation.
zellakDate: Sunday, 28-Jul-2013, 20:42:22 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
How i see it.

Orks : low fieldcraft but individually very tough = inexperienced, but wearing armour. (+5 pts / man) = 4+ to kill

Tau : average fieldcraft / professionals = Regular. = 4+ to kill

Eldar Guardian : average fieldcraft / professionals = Regular = 4+ to kill

Space Marines : superb fieldcraft / armoured = Veteran, wearing armour = 6 to kill

Genestealer : Soft vehicle = 6 to kill ( moves as wheeled vehicle ) devil

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CRUSAD3RDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 18:14:24 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Hello,

Right this thread has been misinterpreted by Banksi and wrongly-worded by Zellak. Instead of
Quote (zellak)
How i see it.
it should have been, "this is what Cruz and Pavlov and I partially discussed on Sunday."I feel that no more work on the Bolt Action rules for any faction or any Infantry type should be done on the forum. On Sunday Zellak, Pavlov and I spent the last hour of the day and scribbled down some unit sizes/points for orks and debated respectively for the Tau unit types and rules. Now, now Pavlov, I was only defending my corner XD . I really feel that that is they way forward, to sit down with the Player who is going to be using the army with 2 or 3 people and work it out over a couple of hours then switch to the next person. Right, first point out the way... NEXT! biggrin

Banksi, I am afraid that it is Zellaks poor choice of words(sorry Z) which has thrown you off course, he was only trying to put some perspective on what he would think they are, not in fact what he wanted them to finally be, like adding on top of experience, but we thought of giving them armour, none, light, or hvy etc etc which would give them minus penalties to kill much like what you said with relative to cover bonuses but they wouldn't accumulate, NOTE: this is still to be discussed. cool Also, we want to keep the rules/points as close as possible to Bolt Action, in my opinion, we should not include armour saves too 40k'y, no adding extra experience levels keep it as it is and the third point you made I have already covered (armour). And I don't think we should be giving too many hard to hit bonuses since we still want to try and kill each other respectively, rather than needing 7's or 8's on a D6. wacko

Can we now please keep this thread to UPDATING info NOT DEBATING info. Thanks for reading and remember to count to ten if your head is shaking and the blood is pumping and try not to vent too much in the replies. Please re-read this is you found my tone too harsh. biggrin

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

zellakDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 18:40:23 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
Please re-read this is you found my tone too harsh.
biggrin

Nice use of smiley faces.....now you are getting the hang of this forum lark. smile

And of course you are right, the stuff i suggested in the OP is partially what i remember of our conversation...

and throwing a few ideas around. surprised

i would expect all decisions will be made face to face, but its handy to hear peoples opinions and get a while to think them over.

and then normally disregard them. dry

But for every 4 cr#p ones, we should get one good one.....which is either so good everyone agrees....or is at least workable.

Playtesting is the fire in which these ideas are forged. cool

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 20:06:54 | Message # 4
Major general
Hi

I prefered it when he was a kid and never posted on the forums :D.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 21:07:32 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
I prefered it when he was a kid and never posted on the forums

I would prefer you to post the stuff we talked about in order to bring everyone into the loop. dry

Instead of winding people up. wink

CRUSAD3RDate: Monday, 29-Jul-2013, 21:44:46 | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Hey Pavlov, would you like some aloe vera, cause you just got burned!!!! haha

Quote (pavlov)
I prefered it when he was a kid and never posted on the forums :D.

Oh yes, those were the good ol' days, when I was young.... taunt

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

zellakDate: Monday, 16-Dec-2013, 11:45:18 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Okay....so this idea is dead in the water, as everyone is to busy with other stuff.

So i will jot down a few ideas for future reference....just in case this idea gets a second chance.

I would start small.

HQ Tau battlesuit; Veteran / armoured car / armour 6+ / HMG and a bazooka (burst cannon/plasma gun) Cost = ??? Cant think of anything from WW2 !

6 Firewarriors; Regular / infantry / defence 4+ ? / count as 2 HMG.... ie 6 shots (1 per man) Cost = as 2 HMG

5 Kroot; Regular / infantry / defence 4+ / Rifles (+ special ability to make them better in close combat....fanatic ?, i need to look that one up ) Cost = 50 AP

Devilfish; Regular / medium tank armour 9+ / HMG and a MMG (burst cannon / 2 gun drones) Cost = Kangaroo ?

Hammerhead; Regular / Heavy Tank armour 10+ / Super Heavy Gun and 2 x HMG (Rail Gun and 2 burst cannon) Cost = Panther ?

Added (16-Dec-2013, 10:45 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Tau are the only 40K army i have.

but could test them against AT-43 UNA ( IG ??? )

HQ Captain; Regular / infantry / 4+ to kill / pistol Cost = ? (30 or 40 AP ?)

5 IG Infantry; Regular / infantry / 4+ to kill / 5 rifles Cost 50 AP ( could add LMG to some squads )

2 man Bazooka team ( UNA missile launcher ) Cost = ?

2 man Sniper team (star trooper with scoped rifle ) Cost ?

2 man Flamer team .............cost ?

Mortar ( single officer as spotter...counting mortar as off table. wink )

Fire Toad ; Light tank / Regular / defence 8+ / 2 Light AT guns Cost = Chaffee ? ( plus extra for other barrel)
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 16-Dec-2013, 11:56:06

Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » Infantry Armour » infantry representation.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024