Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » 1940K armies » 40K armies with Bolt Action rules (Sci-fi Bolt Action)
40K armies with Bolt Action rules
CRUSAD3RDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 19:23:21 | Message # 41
Lieutenant
Group: Member
Honestly I don't think putting armour saves into the game is a good idea. When my units have shield drones or shield generators or any invulnerable save I have it that it is a minus one to hit that unit they are protecting and themselves. For example, if you have six million shield drones(over exaggeration to prove a point) or a 2+ invulnerable save they still only create a minus one to hit, but fore a drone with a unit, if a wound gets through they get taken off first, shielding the main unit. But if a unit has a shield generator and a shield drone it is still only a minus one to hit its just that the main guy in the unit has a fall guy(drone). And if the attacker gets an exceptional damage roll and doesn't pick the drone, the drone gets a 'look out sir' roll (a special rule I have had to convert from 40k to bolt action). This means it has to take a leader ship check with no modifiers, if passed the drone takes the wound.

I think converting the special rules will make the 1940k hard enough. I strongly advise we do not have saves or aD10 based system because it will turn bolt action straight into 40k and I like the fact there are no saves and I want to keep it that way. Does my way seem more reasonable? Sorry if I come across too aggressive. Thanks

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 19:47:56 | Message # 42
Major general
Hi

Use shield drones as shraftbatts or however you want to spell it penal troops meat shields.

I want 1940k not tarted up 40k, bolt action is one of the first sets of rules that I have been able to retain and dont send me to sleep the good thing about b/a is the simplicity and I do need that in a game biggrin trust me I do it's slightly more than a beer and pretzels game, I wish this game had been aroud ten years ago.

How do the BA rule writers factor in the armour worn by Soviet sappers ?

I dont think they do I'm sure, there vet's but they may have a special rule like fanatic or tough as nails or mental voddy drinkers as an example.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 19:56:17 | Message # 43
Generalissimo
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
Sorry if I come across too aggressive.

Not at all.......but here is a hint....add some smiley faces now and then... smile happy biggrin ... it helps to confuse the issue. wink

A straight conversion of the rules does not look to difficult imho. cool

When considering vehicle armour / weapons / morale / troop classifications......all the basic stuff...

The main problem might be getting people to pay a fair points cost for the special rules converted from their GW Codex.

And i agree with you, adding a saving throw to the rules would be way, way down my list of options to solve the problem. mellow

Added (23-Jul-2013, 6:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (pavlov)
they are vet's but they may have a special rule like......

Anyone have a copy of the Soviet list ?

I'm sure i seen one at the club on Sunday. wacko

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 20:01:44 | Message # 44
Major general
Hi

Yeah he does come across all hard nut on the forum biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin proper internet ninja :D.

All chaos marine and spacca marines are going to be vet's anyway or I would think that would be the case since i've always thought of the spacca marines as the SS in space from day one and chaos being the Dirlwanger brigade.

The points cost for abilities depends on what the ability is as it may fit roughly into one of the weapons types' Rory and I spoke about flyers on sunday and how they would be represented, the land speeder could be an staghound/puma but the valkyrie is a bit diffrent and the spaca flying toaster (dont know it's name) which are both gunships.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 20:21:05 | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
i've always thought of the spacca marines as the SS in space from day one

From some of the fluff i have read, Space Marines are harvested from the bulk of the medieval agricultural worlds.

Normally being greatest warrior on the planet.

Then they are whisked away to the Chapter Monastery, and genetically enhanced til they are 8 feet tall.

Then they are improved with 19 bionetic and cybernetic enhancements.

Improving speed / pain resistance / anti toxin defences / power armour implant / an extra heart / reinforced chest cavity / blood coagulant ...etc etc...

Then their brain is pumped full of propaganda so that " they shall know no fear", and are ultra loyal to the Emperor.

Along with learning every weapon and combat system known to the Imperium.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

And after all that, they go through a door on Space Crusade and killed by a bloody gretchin in melee...... cry WTF !!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My point being, in the fluff, they are a good bit more dangerous than your average Waffen SS. tongue
Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 20:22:38

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013, 22:19:33 | Message # 46
Major general
Hi

And the point I'm trying to make is there better than the fish heads the green skins and the ballet dancers in space biggrin

Alan

zellakDate: Sunday, 28-Jul-2013, 20:07:57 | Message # 47
Generalissimo
Quote (pavlov)
the point I'm trying to make is there better than the fish heads the green skins and the ballet dancers in space

No argument from me ! smile

Quote (pavlov)
the Dirlwanger brigade.

Thanks for the heads up....i googled this....makes for some pretty interesting background for a Russian Front scenario.

Added (28-Jul-2013, 7:00 PM)
Had a look today at the Soviet book, and the armour wearing sappers.

For +5 pts per man they get a special rule which decreases the enemies ability to kill them by -1.

ie. a 6 to kill a veteran.....should be good for Space Marines. happy

i believe after a short discussion with Crusader and Pavlov, that we came to the conclusion that Battlesuits would be best represented as Armoured Cars

Armour 7+ ...ie... Tau Battlesuits / Ork MegaNobz & Bosses / Terminator Armour (Imperial and Chaos) / Obliterators.

Added (28-Jul-2013, 7:07 PM)

>>>>

This also means that Tau Battlesuits will be able to pack multiple weapons....

we just have to find an armoured car in the books which is armed with a mortar and an AT gun. wink
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 28-Jul-2013, 20:08:33

Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » 1940K armies » 40K armies with Bolt Action rules (Sci-fi Bolt Action)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024