Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - News & Gossip » Intrepid - between mission activities. (Star Trek Traveller)
Intrepid - between mission activities.
zellakDate: Friday, 16-Dec-2016, 07:36:45 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
After Mission 4

Please share your characters activities leading up to mission 5
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 16-Dec-2016, 07:37:46

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

SteffiDate: Friday, 16-Dec-2016, 18:04:54 | Message # 2
Sergeant
Would it be possible to skin the Colossus' mech and fit the armour of one of the archangel mechs.
We can use the same mini, just so I'm leaving as little as possible for Gilbert and using the tech that Abby thinks is better.

Will take a copy of my Russian version of the Colossus' data and send that back to archangel. Figure they will have Russian staff that can translate it better than my google translate and if they find anything worth while on it, they will let me know or act on it themselves. Leave the original data as is.

I don't have any stats so for now that's all I'm going to try to do with the mech.

Will be trying to keep tabs on Gilbert going to the mech. Not spying/stealing data or anything shifty. Just trying to judge how valuable she finds it.

Cool if I can't get it all done. Trust your judgement in what I can do in that time)

zellakDate: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 14:43:48 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
So to flesh out the story a bit, where are we at the moment ?

Two Corps are vying to build a mech for S.P.E.A.R.

Abi was a mech pilot in Archangel, her Mom got her into S.P.E.A.R. to test pilot their mech. ( because she asked her ? )
( Abi has her own reasons for leaving her cushy job and joining S.P.E.A.R. )

Gilbert worked for ONI, she joined S.P.E.A.R. to test pilot their version of the new mech for S.P.E.A.R.

No mechs have yet been delivered to test....maybe they should turn up soon so that the girls can show what they can do ?

Gilbert took a panel from the Kolossus and sent it to ONI. She has not been near it since.

Added (17-Dec-2016, 2:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Could I construct a android? asked Mark on another thread

Artificial Intelligence has not yet been invented on Fortuna.

And on top of that, the Virus took control of them all last time and destroyed civilisation.

So people are bit twitchy about the whole subject !!! ( Big Jake especially so wink )

However, Thomas is a very bright guy .....so who knows what projects he might be working on late at night in the workshop ?????????

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

markhudson1987Date: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 17:43:33 | Message # 4
Private
Ok so honestly that was part throwaway statement part joke. I would think however my character might be looking to develope a self learning AI with moral code limiters. Perhaps on a small isolated system, not tied into the ships main computer network. I am maybe a little crazy scientist, then we can move from there. So start with a simple program that can learn? Maybe a Universal Translator that learns new languages but secretly he is making it more self thinking maybe keep it on portable device

Added (17-Dec-2016, 5:43 PM)
Or a prototype of such
Message edited by markhudson1987 - Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 19:54:00

SteffiDate: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 19:28:14 | Message # 5
Sergeant
Quote zellak ()
Abi was a mech pilot in Archangel, her Mom got her into S.P.E.A.R. to test pilot their mech. ( because she asked her ? )

In my head, she didn't and wouldn't ask her mother for help. I see her mother wanting Abby on the project because she rather be helping her daughter's career than her competitors. Abby figures it's pride or a test or setting her up for failure. Some sort of paranoid teenage shit she hasn't grown out of yet.

Quote zellak ()
No mechs have yet been delivered to test....maybe they should turn up soon so that the girls can show what they can do ?

Okay, that does bump what I had in mind.
She will still send the original Russian data logs to Archangel.
For now she will focus on familiarizing herself with the mech, minor customization to the keyboard, password projection.
Can I install the radar blocking thingy and a grappling hook/tractor beam like thing? For the grappling hook I would like a mode where it can choice to be pulled along Marty McFly on the skateboard on the back of truck rather than just hold something.

zellakDate: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 20:52:01 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote Steffi ()
In my head, she didn't

Understood, she is your character. happy

Data logs sent....Abi is working on the grappling hook......the ECM is advanced tech she might need help with ( computer skill )

Marty McFly ...LOL ... biggrin

Added (17-Dec-2016, 8:52 PM)

Quote markhudson1987 ()
So start with a simple program that can learn? Maybe a Universal Translator that learns new languages but secretly he is making it more self thinking maybe keep it on portable device

Don't think a universal translator would fit, as it would mean Shaz should need to be good at languages.

What about a portable diagnostic tool ? To help with fault finding, but with a prototype AI ?

markhudson1987Date: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 22:40:26 | Message # 7
Private
That could work, or a medical scanner which it could use to accumulate knowledge on species other than human or maybe a sort of tricorder that would act as both sort of but gathers information under the radar so to speak.

SteffiDate: Saturday, 17-Dec-2016, 23:04:33 | Message # 8
Sergeant
Quote zellak ()
the ECM is advanced tech she might need help with ( computer skill )

Okay, leave that for now. She's not comfortable enough with any of the crew (expect Big Jake) to ask for it (and that doesn't seem like it's his cuppa).

CheDate: Wednesday, 21-Dec-2016, 20:11:55 | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Big Jake will be working out, keeping his eye on the troops' discipline etc and reviewing the security systems of the Intrepid. I think I mentioned the lack of emergency buttons during the last adventure. I aim to present my review to the captain at some point.

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

markhudson1987Date: Thursday, 22-Dec-2016, 20:53:45 | Message # 10
Private
The other thing I kind of wanted to ask was what is the state of play for prosthetic do we have sort of 'robot' limbs if not that is another thing I think Thomas would be interested replacement limbs given his engineering and medic talents

zellakDate: Friday, 23-Dec-2016, 13:30:53 | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Abi ; Cool. happy

Jake ; All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy......S.P.E.A.R. are starting a Gridiron team, you are approached and asked if you want to try out. If so, what position would Jake want to play for the Spartans ?

Shax ; Given the use Mechs in the army against the Kreet, then yes cybernetics would be possible, and quite likely something he would know a bit about. On the other topic, will we say its a medical scanner with a first generation learning ability built in ?

markhudson1987Date: Friday, 23-Dec-2016, 13:45:09 | Message # 12
Private
As far as I am concerned we can call it whatever you like as long as we understand what it really is smile

SteffiDate: Saturday, 24-Dec-2016, 21:16:09 | Message # 13
Sergeant
Quote zellak ()
Jake ; All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy......S.P.E.A.R. are starting a Gridiron team, you are approached and asked if you want to try out. If so, what position would Jake want to play for the Spartans ?

Abby would probably would go see him play with her non-SPEAR mates and get wasted afterwards.

CheDate: Friday, 30-Dec-2016, 15:42:11 | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()

Quarter-back would seem to fit Jake's character, I think. What's wrong with being a dull boy? unsure

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Apr-2017, 22:51:37 | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Steffi Kyle FACEBOOK

Steffi Kyle Posting here because I can't remember my foreum password

Switching my goal to redemption.
(Less for the Tau and more about being the good person Daddy things I am, I have to change my ways.)

Want changes to my Merits/Flaws.
Connections: Captain Mummy (4 merit)
Crack Shot (2 merit)
Rivallry: Gibson/Oni (3 flaw) Dropped by one because I saved her? Maybe she got her ass handed to her for embarrassing them with her mech. Maybe Jake grounding her made her less sneaky sneaky.
Hero Worship or Code of Conduct (2 flaw): Fromance (Female Bromance) with Sammy. It's less hero worship and more trying to be more like her so I'm less like me.
Noteriety (1 flaw): Everyone knows I punched Gison and apprantly got away with it.

That cool?
Does the Sammy one make sense? Would it be easier to just reskin Phobia to Anger Issues?

Hugh Ward FACEBOOK

Redemption sounds good..... prompting Abi to change, and get her anger issues under control.

So leaving merits as you said.

And changing Flaws to :
Rivalry; Gibson ( 2 flaw ).....
Code of Conduct ( 2 flaw ) trying to be a credit to SPEAR to impress her father and ties in with Redemption ....
Notoriety ; Tau Killer ( 2 flaw ) , again ties in with Redemption. .......and does not yet let her off the hook for the BBQ incident.

Did Abi get away with punching Gibson ? Okay she got off light with only being confined to quarters for 24 hours, but didnt get off scot-free ?
.........................................................................................

Steffi Kyle

Not sure about the Tau killer thing. We did decent cover-up job. Don't want to take something that effs over the other players.

Thinking drop Captain Mummy to 2 with her retiring now that Daddy is safe.

And yeah, she got off light. I was thinking more from fellow crewmen's opinions.

Hugh Ward

Abi did a good cover up from a " hide the evidence from SPEAR" . But that wont stop rumours. So the notoriety has no basis in facts....Notoriety does not need facts, only conjecture and enough gossips. : ) ........i dont care care about giving the other players problems.....its good for the story, and might bring some drama....All Good !

Lets not say Captain Mum retires, just shifts her focus back to husband returning. Leaving Abi a bit more room to move.

Steffi Kyle

Yeah, lets go with that. I don't want to too many new mechanics at once.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 17-Apr-2017, 13:20:53

Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - News & Gossip » Intrepid - between mission activities. (Star Trek Traveller)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024