Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - Rules, InHouse Rules & FAQ's » Samantha Wilson (Taurus IV NPC ) (WIP)
Samantha Wilson (Taurus IV NPC )
zellakDate: Friday, 24-Oct-2014, 11:21:45 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Ensign Samantha Wilson (Science)

Strength 3 / Agility 3 / Intellect 4

Perception 5 / Willpower 3 / Charisma 3

Security skills

Firearms 0 / Fieldcraft 0 / Combat 0 / Gunnery 2

Science skills

Sensors 4 / Medic 2 / Xenobiology 2 / Astrophysics 4

Engineering skills

Engineering 2 / Pilot 2 / Computer 2 / Navigation 4

Everyman skills

Driving 2 / Stealth 3 / Persuasion 0

Survival 0 / Leadership 1 / Comms 6

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Demeanor : Conformist

Nature : Care-giver

Drive / Ambition : Travel

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Merit : Reputation ( 2 ) as the best linguist and Comms operator at the S.P.E.A.R. Academy.
...............................................................(Re-roll for comms checks at GM discretion)

Flaw : Code of Conduct. ( all-round good guy ) (2 points )

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Background

Raised on a farm, an only child, on the outskirts of Biggar City, she was recruited to the Academy for her prowess with languages which manifested in kindergarten, as she easily picked up languages from children of all ethnic backgrounds.

This caused her mother a great deal of consternation. Samantha's mother Edwina is her best friend and confidante.
When possible, Sammy (as she is known) vid-phones her Mother every night.
Arnold Wilson, her father is not keen on her joining S.P.E.A.R. ....they no longer talk.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Description

Sammy is 29 years old, average height and weight, she wears her hair in a regulation bob.
Her only distinguishing feature is her broken nose. An injury sustained at an early age when she was climbing a farmyard gate. Her Father refused to take her to hospital to have this attended, saying it "added character".
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 26-Oct-2014, 21:16:02

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 24-Oct-2014, 21:26:38 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Cool! I had a go at making up the homeworld as per "Traveller" system. I didn't roll any dice I just picked all the stats. I'll bring it in on Sunday. I also found the posters for Damocles (sorry, wrong forum, won't happen again, promise).

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Saturday, 25-Oct-2014, 19:04:36 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Great stuff !

Hope you have a blank sub-sector map or a small blank hex map of some kind ?
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 26-Oct-2014, 21:11:02

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Sunday, 26-Oct-2014, 19:22:21 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Marine PFC Jake Hanson
Strength: 5 Agility: 4 Intellect: 2 Perception: 3 Willpower: 4 Charisma: 3
Security:
Firearms: 5 Fieldcraft: 4 Combat: 4 Gunnery: 1

Science:
Sensors: 2 Medic: 3 Xenobiology: 0 Astrophysics: 0

Engineering:
Engineering: 2 Pilot: 3 Computer: 2 Navigation: 0

Everyman:
Driving: 2 Stealth: 3 Persuasion: 2 Survival: 3 Leadership: 0 Demolition: 2

Merits:
Iron Will: -2 points

Flaws:
Phobia (AIs/Robots): +2 points
Graceless: +1 point
Notoriety: +1 point

Nature: Thrill seeker Demeanour: Jester Drive: Redemption

Haven't quite worked out how he earned his notoriety but that's why he is seeking redemption. Must've been something serious :o

Added (26-Oct-2014, 6:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
At 6' 2" Jake Hanson is an imposing figure. He is devoted to the marines and duty means everything to him. He is quite content being a grunt and has never sought promotion, much to his superiors' disgust. He is always in the thick of the fighting and some think him foolhardy. He just laughs this off. He is at his best when in combat and is awkward in social situations, generally staying in the background on formal occasions. A good man to have by your side in difficult situations but definitely a liability if on a night out.

Message edited by Che - Sunday, 26-Oct-2014, 19:10:48

zellakDate: Monday, 27-Oct-2014, 18:39:38 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Nice . biggrin

Whats his favourite saying ? " LET'S GET SOME !!!!! " ............... BLAM-BLAM-BLAM !!!!! cool

How will the Robot/ AI phobia affect Big Jake...

Will he get scared ? angry ? something else ???

i would suggest a willpower test for him to control his reaction.

Added (27-Oct-2014, 5:39 PM)
What age is he, does he have any family....is he married / dating.

What about his extended family / contacts / friends.

Who has he been fighting ? Was there a war ?

Message edited by zellak - Monday, 27-Oct-2014, 18:30:48

CheDate: Monday, 27-Oct-2014, 19:37:41 | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
What age is he, does he have any family....

He is in his mid-twenties (26). He's not married except to the service. He was orphaned and brought up in care.
Quote zellak ()
What about his extended family / contacts / friends.

Again, all his friends are in the service. No relatives as far as he knows.[color=yellow]
Quote zellak ()
Who has he been fighting ? Was there a war ?

[b][color=yellow]There is only one planet so far so unless we've been fighting amongst ourselves there's been no war - you said security was space marines, you tell me the background. I agree with you about the phobia.

zellakDate: Monday, 27-Oct-2014, 21:41:38 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Quote Che ()
There is only one planet so far so unless we've been fighting amoungst ourselves

What if there are aliens native to the planet.

Something like the Kroot, which harass outlying towns.

The Military fight Kroot raiding parties ?

Added (27-Oct-2014, 8:41 PM)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f1z1Ae....lue.JPG

CheDate: Friday, 31-Oct-2014, 11:52:01 | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
The Military fight Kroot raiding parties ?

Aye, OK. But don't think there would be two dominant species on one planet. Maybe the Kroot got stranded there? Or the Empire conquered the Kroot before it collapsed? Now I'm at peace with the background - just thinking with my fingers tongue Sorry!

zellakDate: Friday, 31-Oct-2014, 18:24:20 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
What if the Kreet ( Kroot wink ) are indiginous and live in the rainforest.

The army protect the Corporate assets raping the rainforest.

Seen Avatar ??? tongue

The military call the Kreet, " beaks ", and fly around on search and destroy missions hunting the Kreet.

The Space Marine battalion recruit their soldiers from "the best of the best" veteran units.
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 31-Oct-2014, 18:29:44

CheDate: Friday, 31-Oct-2014, 21:47:23 | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
Seen Avatar ???

No.

Quote zellak ()
The military call the Kreet, " beaks ", and fly around on search and destroy missions hunting the Kreet. The Space Marine battalion recruit their soldiers from "the best of the best" veteran units.
Yeah!

SteffiDate: Thursday, 03-Nov-2016, 18:28:32 | Message # 11
Sergeant
Ensign Abigail Sloane (Security - Mech Test Pilot)

Physique 4 / Agility 4 / Intellect 4
Perception 2 / Willpower 5 / Charisma 2

Security skills
Firearms 1 / Fieldcraft 6 / Combat 2 / Gunnery 3

Science skills
Sensors 1 / Medic 0 / Xenobiology 3 / Astrophysics 2

Engineering skills
Engineering 4 / Pilot 1 / Computer 1 / Navigation 0

Everyman skills
Driving 5 / Stealth 0 / Persuasion 2
Survival 2 / Leadership 2 / Demolitions 1

Demeanor: Jobsworth: you always stick to your routine. Routine is safe and efficient.
A strict upbringing with focus on order and responsibility has made this a comfortable normal for Abigail.

Nature: Rebel; has a problem with authority
Confident in herself, Abigail considers any superior who tries to alter her routine as getting in her way, at best.

Drive/Ambition: Revenge.
Her father's ship was destroyed by a mysterious alien vessel. She has a corrupted image of the ship that she is determined to track down to share her feelings in the most violent way possible.

Merit: Connections (4)
[l]Captain Elizabeth Sloane, a high ranking S.P.E.A.R. officer.

Flaw: Rivalry (4)
Fellow mech pilot, Gilbert* on the Intrepid. They are from different mech projects involved in a trial partnerships, both competing to show S.P.E.A.R. their the best partner to merge with. For Abigail, she feels that if she lose, she's letting her mother down as this was the one of the few things Elizabeth fought on Abigail's behalf for (in Abigail's opinion).
* Gilbert is her last name. Abigail doesn't know her first name.
Gilbert gives off a friendly vibe that is a little too friendly to be genuine. Abigail doesn't trust her.

Background
After the death of Jeremy Sloane, Elizabeth grew cold and retracted into her work. It worked wonders for her career but gained her a reputation of a hard ass. She and Abigail grew distant, finding it harder and harder to talk to each other.

Abigail grew a strong interdependence streak. If she didn't know how to do something (cook eggs, fix the cupboard door, blow up the school's bed shed, change a bed) she would teach herself, experiment to find the best way and if anyone try to correct her, they were wrong, annoying and part of her problem. It isn't that she's trying to be the best. She thinks she's the best and everyone else is just too stupid to notice. Because of this attitude she has problems with team work and authority figures.

She joined a mech program to return the favour to her father's killers or as she tries to convince herself, to provide security and state of mind to Fortana and make sure something like that never happens again. When S.P.E.A.R. was looking for a mech project to merge with, her mother used her weight to include Abigail in the project, an action that Abigail is conflicted about, yes, it gets her closer to alien faces to blow up but she resents her mother for trying to control her, forcing her into her footsteps and the pressure to succeed and she's scared of what she actually is capable of if she finds her father's killers.

Abigail regularly vidcomms with her therapist to help keep her temper under control.

Description
She is a twenty two year old woman, shorter than average with a head full of thick brown curls which is just longer than the regulation bob.
Message edited by Steffi - Friday, 04-Nov-2016, 16:33:11

zellakDate: Saturday, 05-Nov-2016, 18:52:30 | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Hi Steffi, like the look of the character. Just a few wee probs.

The attributes add to 22, and 6 is about human maximum, Remember you roll 2d6 and need 8+ to succeed.

Can I recommend you drop Will to 6 and add 1 to Perc. or Cha.

Firearms are hand held pistols, rifles etc....Gunnery would be ships weapons or the like ( mechs ).
Fieldcraft is the negative mod for people to shoot you. Looks like she is really good at ducking biggrin

Looking at the stats and background can I suggest that Abigail is a Mech test-pilot.
She is good at Drive / Engnr / Gunnery / Sensor.....so that would fit.

SPEAR don't have any Mechs but there is a program to build an experimental one.
Abigails mum got her on the program.
Her rival is another test pilot ( who will feature also on the Intrepid ) Add details .

Revenge ; what if, her father was killed when his ship fought an alien ship entering Fortuna airspace.

She has pictures of the Alien ship. ( not a face ) ?

Added (05-Nov-2016, 6:52 PM)
Brilliant.....love the fact she has a therapist. biggrin

Message edited by zellak - Friday, 04-Nov-2016, 09:44:50

markhudson1987Date: Sunday, 11-Dec-2016, 18:35:42 | Message # 13
Private
Lt. Thomas Shax. (Chief of Engineering)

Physical 2, Agility 2, Willpower 3, Intelligence 5, Perception 4, Charisma 5.

Engineering:

Engineering 6, pilot 0, Computer 6, navigation 0.

Science:

Sensors 5, Medic 4, Xenobiology 4 Astrophysics 0

Security:

Firearms 0, Gunnery 0, fieldcraft 0, combat 0

Everyman skills:

Persuasion 5, Leadership 4, Stealth 4.

Demeanour:

Competitor, he wants to be the best, he works hard and expects to be the best.

Nature:

Survivor, Thomas has survived a lot sure most of the time it was by hiding or hunkering down behind cover but he wasn't on the ship for his combative prowess he was there for his other skills, so his survival was important right. He couldn't let all that investment in him go to waste.

Drive: Knowledge he wants to learn as much as he can regardless of its source, knowledge was only as dangerous as the person wielding it. He wants to know all that humans know and all that the alien races they will meet know. Thomas will do nearly anything to preserve knowledge except give up his own life.

Merit:

Eidetic memory, when he sees something he remembers it. His brain is a vault of knowledge both useful and useless. If you don't believe it ask him about the batting average of his favourite baseball team. -2

Flaw:

Incompetent Firearms, with a weapon he is a greater danger to himself than others. +1

Disfigured: Plasma Burn covering the entirety of left side of his neck +1

Rivalry: Henrick Wood, a class mate at S.P.E.A.R academy who always outshone Thomas in every class, it was Henrick's failure to properly seal a plasma hatch during a training exercise that left Thomas with his extensive scar. While he was in the infirmary Henrick started to date Mara Bravo who was Thomas' girlfriend. This was just one more reason for him to hate him, Henrick has went on to gain his own command with Mara serving as Henrick's Chief Medical officer. Thomas has vowed to outshine Henrick if it is the last thing he does.

Background:

Thomas joined the S.P.E.A.R academy as a means of expanding his knowledge as humans only knew so much and traveling in the stars was the only way to expand what he could know. After his injury during his time at the academy his career did not go as quickly as first predicted, his scaring seen as a distraction. Thomas worked hard busting his ass off in engineering he was soon seen for his talent however it was still a slow upward progression. This hindrance drove him to work harder expanding out of his engineering beginnings into science studying aliens and medical procedures as he knew if he was to go on an away mission he had to bring something to the team.

The more people told him he would never get higher than he was, he would work harder and get up another rung on the ladder. Thomas couples his eidetic memory with his thirst for knowledge makes him a useful asset to any superior knowledge, thomas' ability to recall anything he has seen. This has been known to rub people up the wrong way and has nearly caused fights on more than one occasion.

All that said Thomas is a solid officer who knows his duty and will get the job done to the best of his ability. Thomas is not the most social person but he tries to get along with people the best he can. Thomas has given his life to the service but won't give it up for the service.

Ooc: I call this my glass feather build

Added (11-Dec-2016, 6:35 PM)
How did it go, I really wanted to come but coughing up my lungs so no use to anyone
Message edited by markhudson1987 - Monday, 12-Dec-2016, 14:21:18

zellakDate: Sunday, 11-Dec-2016, 22:21:08 | Message # 14
Generalissimo
No probs Mark, no point coming in if you don't feel up to it. cry

Hope you get better soon. happy

I will do a mission update tomorrow....Intrepid : Mission 4.... (on the Roleplay - General - Forum )

SteffiDate: Saturday, 24-Dec-2016, 21:08:28 | Message # 15
Sergeant
Looking over the merit/flaws.

I'm wanting to take Code of Conduct. After talking to her therapist about the experience with the escape pod, she would start to fear that she is turning into the type of monster she is trying to hunt down.
Code of Conduct ; not really a flaw, more of a restriction. PC is all round good guy/ heroic type. ( gain 2 points )

Also Crack Shot for gunnery seems really apt but not knowing the system that well, you tell me if that's too OP.
Crackshot (cost 2) : Shooter can re-roll Location or damage die. ( Choose either Firearms or Gunnery. )

I have a very 'character advancement' mindset looking at these and I want to check if that's how they are meant to be used. (Example: Abby gets disfigured, I can take that flaw and drop some points out of Gilbert because maybe she feels sorry for me, or if we discover the race that killed my father, I drop Gilbert completely as Archangel wins the contract with SPEAR.) Don't want to be the system.

zellakDate: Monday, 26-Dec-2016, 11:43:21 | Message # 16
Generalissimo
All good ideas Steffi. biggrin

Characters don't get any better in Traveller.
Which is harsh if you come from a D&D background !

I was thinking of adding a Destiny mechanism, where a PC gets something like a fate point every successful adventure.

Where you can replace a failed attempt at a dice check with an automatic success by using the Destiny point.
With added narration/explanation from the player.

SteffiDate: Tuesday, 27-Dec-2016, 00:00:30 | Message # 17
Sergeant
For me it's less about making my character "better" but making the mechanics reflect the character I'm playing. I would keep my merits/flaws even but (if allowed) edit them occasionally to reflect changes in her. I'm not trying to abuse the system. I just don't know the system well enough to know if this would be abusive.

Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - Rules, InHouse Rules & FAQ's » Samantha Wilson (Taurus IV NPC ) (WIP)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024