Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Historical Discussions » Saga Warbands? (What armies do you have?)
Saga Warbands?
MorgothDate: Wednesday, 22-May-2013, 07:23:57 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hi Guys ... I've seen a couple of YouTube tutorials on SAGA and like the dynamics of this game. That and it's becoming popular at the club, so I fancied getting a warband of my own, but I'm not 100% sure what all you guys currently have? Looking at the Gripping Beast website, I see they have a load of "battleboards" for various European campaigns ...

>>> http://www.grippingbeast.com/shop.php?CatID=2396

... Let everyone know what warbands you have so the upcoming wargames can be a good mix & match on the gamedays ... Thanks, Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

BanksiDate: Thursday, 23-May-2013, 12:14:47 | Message # 2
Major general
I have 3 Saga armies - Saxons, Normans and Skraelings, 6 points of each
Roddy has Irish and is building Jomsvikings - again 6 points

There are a total of 16 Saga armies
4 in The main rule book - Anglo-Danes, Normans, Viking & Welsh
4 in Northern Fury - Anglo-Saxon, Breton, Jomsvikings & Scots
4 in The Raven's shadow - Franks, Irish, Norse Gael & Strathclyde Welsh.
Skraelings - Limited edition
3 in Varjazi & Basileus - Pagan Rus, the Era Of The Princes Rus and the Byzantines

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

MorgothDate: Saturday, 25-May-2013, 09:41:32 | Message # 3
Major general
Thanks for that Banksi!

I didn't realise that there was so many armies, and having had a look at various forums, the list will continue to grow! bb

One thing ... I found some models up the attic yesterday and wondered what they are ... Norman, Anglo-Saxons, ??? ... Here's a pic ...

... Any ideas? ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Saturday, 25-May-2013, 13:15:31 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Member
The two blue spearmen are medieval, not dark ages.

The knight second from the right in the front rank is also not dark ages.

As is the knight with the yellow shield with blue stripe.

The rest could blend in........... with a dark age crowd.

Though you would have to change all the shields to round ones

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Sunday, 02-Jun-2013, 07:44:43 | Message # 5
Major general
Had a stab at using the Scots last week ... as usual they lost! wink SAGA is soooooo true to life!!!

A couple of 4pt warband skirmishes against Toms Byzantines ... the diff in the battleboards, die rolls and "tactics" all made for interesting games. Big thanks to Tom for his every helpful advice ... very much appreciated!

Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Historical Discussions » Saga Warbands? (What armies do you have?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024