RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Kings of War by Mantic » KoW in 15mm
KoW in 15mm
p1fxDate: Tuesday, 07-Oct-2014, 15:55:56 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Been looking over some of the ranges of 15mm stuff esp at magister militum (due to the interesting number of races etc not available readily in 28mm) and I was wondering how it was you worked KoW in 15mm at the club, do you simply halve the movements and ranges etc or do you use cm instead of inches?
Message edited by p1fx - Tuesday, 07-Oct-2014, 15:56:06

zellakDate: Wednesday, 08-Oct-2014, 09:30:21 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
IIRC, we used centimetres instead of inches on a 4 ft. by 2 ft. table.

It worked okay, but 28mm looks so much better.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Thursday, 09-Oct-2014, 04:55:07 | Message # 3
Colonel
Aye deff agree that 28mm looks better, just not as cheap and not as many races etc available as there is in 15mm which is rather odd.

I would start an army for another game, perhaps dark ages or so, but I don't have the rules and so would not be able to know what to actually build, so sticking to KoW for the moment.

Added (09-Oct-2014, 3:55 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I think 20mm (1/72) would work well for KoW if there was actually a decent range of fantasy in 20mm (historics are well covered but not so fantasy unfortunately). Unless there's any sculpture's amongst you who fancy helping to make a range perhaps? I have been looking at moulds and how mini's are made a lot lately lol
Message edited by p1fx - Thursday, 09-Oct-2014, 04:57:01

zellakDate: Thursday, 09-Oct-2014, 09:08:35 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Soz....no sculptors among us.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Thursday, 09-Oct-2014, 14:29:06 | Message # 5
Colonel
Ah see there's another cunning plan shot down in flames.

Added (09-Oct-2014, 1:29 PM)
I keep getting drawn to 1/72 due to it's cheapness, not that there appears to be many games designed for that scale or many people using it apart from Napoleonic's perhaps.

ZealyotDate: Thursday, 09-Oct-2014, 18:22:10 | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Quote p1fx ()
I keep getting drawn to 1/72 due to it's cheapness, not that there appears to be many games designed for that scale or many people using it apart from Napoleonic's perhaps.

Another option is using Kalistra miniatures, if you're sneaky like me you buy extra bases giving you 8 bases per pack of infantry.
seeing as I usually count one base as a troop that gives you 80 figs (representative) per pack and to top it all off you get 6 packs for £30 and another 50 bases for £5

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

p1fxDate: Saturday, 11-Oct-2014, 21:17:50 | Message # 7
Colonel
I had not looked at their ranges outside their 28mm fantasy ones.

I see that in that section they are 10/12 mm mini's.

Added (09-Oct-2014, 11:21 PM)
Damn it is tempting to have a go at that scale though. May need to add that to the list. So far I still want to do a WW2 army, a dark age/iron age british (carvetii or votadini) /Strathclyde/saxon army, I may give in to cheapness and do a EM4 mini's Dwarf army too (1500 points works out at about 40 quid if you buy warmachines elsewhere), ECW is a possible too (millomites of course) but ACW is also tempting. Plus of course things to buy for Kings of War. If only I had not sunk money into 40k and instead had gone down the KoW etc road earlier on.

Added (11-Oct-2014, 8:17 PM)
Well just ended up spending £20 of the mini budget on another 510 points of goblins

And I have a cunning plan to expand the Human army in stages fairly cheaply using Perry Foot Knights as Foot Guard, Perry Mounted men at arms as Knights, Conquest games Norman Knights as Mounted sergeants, Gripping beast Saxon thegns as Spearmen or Shield wall, Gripping Beast Dark age warriors as peasant militia, Perhaps a box each of the Perry WoR infantry and Mercenaries for the bowmen and pikemen. Then perhaps at some later date I may look at doing some derert raiders as a warband to add on using Gripping beasts Arab infantry and Wargames Factory Persian infantry and cavalry.

warmachines for humans and goblins (or elves for that matter) are proving a bit harder to source though on the cheap, but am considering trying grendals siege weapons or Zvezdas 1/72 catapult and ballista set. I am also desperately in need of goblin characters on the cheap esp shamans if anyone has any ideas?
Message edited by p1fx - Sunday, 12-Oct-2014, 05:18:08

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Kings of War by Mantic » KoW in 15mm
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024