Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Mordheim (Warhammer fantasy skirmish)
Mordheim
ZealyotDate: Wednesday, 15-Aug-2012, 21:20:18 | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Member
Hey was just wondering if anyone has ever played norrh rim and if so would they be interested in a game at some point?

Cheers
Zealyot

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

CRUSAD3RDate: Thursday, 16-Aug-2012, 07:21:20 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
I'd fancy it, I have seen some of the miniatures on blogs and it looks good. Can the rules be downloaded online? Are you planning to be in this Sunday or do you want to do it another time.

Cruz

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

ZealyotDate: Thursday, 16-Aug-2012, 09:20:53 | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Hey Cruz all the rules can be downloaded for free off of the GW site, I won't be in this Sunday but should be in next week if you fancy giving it a try biggrin

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

CRUSAD3RDate: Wednesday, 22-Aug-2012, 16:38:28 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Hi Z,

What should I bring in on Sunday for the Mordheim? Elves, orcs? Should I also print out the relevant sheets? Thanks

Cruz

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

ZealyotDate: Thursday, 23-Aug-2012, 19:41:43 | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
I'd probably say bring in a hand full of your orcs and goblins or humans or even dwarves depending on what warband you want to go, sadly elves where never "officially" released as a warband but there have been a lot of people online that have made up their own versions. You wont need to bring any sheets in, I managed to print off the entire rulebook, the Empire in flames expansion, 5 sets of both rosters on the GW site and 5 of the Playsheet so there's plenty of stuff to go around biggrin

I just realised aswell that there's probably enough skaven left in that box that Aragorn brought in to do a small warband aswell (i think)

Added (23-Aug-2012, 7:41 PM)
---------------------------------------------
i just need to correct myself because there are actually rules for Elf Shadow Warriors but they are very very expensive in the game, a bit like dwarves

Message edited by Zealyot - Thursday, 23-Aug-2012, 19:39:46

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

CRUSAD3RDate: Thursday, 23-Aug-2012, 21:14:23 | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Well I'll bring in some elves then, might as well try as many factions as we can to see how different rules play out.

MorgothDate: Sunday, 16-Sep-2012, 19:14:22 | Message # 7
Major general
Group: Administrators
Any useful links for Mordheim that u guys could recommend? Or available ruleset, quick-play, etc, for a newbie like me and my Orcs & Goblins ... Thanks, Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

CRUSAD3RDate: Sunday, 16-Sep-2012, 21:32:46 | Message # 8
Lieutenant
Here is Mordheimer's info centre:

Mordheim Info Centre

And here is the link to GW's PDFs etc:

Mordheim Resources

Philson and I have been playing it for the past month now and it is a very good game. One week we managed to play 6 games in one day, but that was just one on one. We are planning to start a campaign which Aragorn (formerly Chris Gregg) will run. Next few weeks will be for the people to practise with their chosen warbands. I have played with the orcs and gobbos already and I can tell you how to start. Thanks

Cruz

MorgothDate: Monday, 17-Sep-2012, 13:51:58 | Message # 9
Major general
As I'm still chasing my tail with everything ... painting models & the house ... it's unlikely that I'll get time to read the Mordheim rules and get some gameplay in soon for the campaign, but I'll hopefully be able to come & watch and have an odd game with players at a loose end in the upcoming months.

As I have Orcs & Goblins, I'll go with them for making up my warbands, but having had a quick look at both websites, couldn't see any links to Os&Gs warbands? I've not read the rules at all, but is there something in them about Os&Gs?? ... Walts

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

philsonDate: Monday, 17-Sep-2012, 23:14:47 | Message # 10
Sergeant
Dont worry walts we have lots of rules for orcs and goblins, if you want I will send you a pm with a pdf with the rules for standard Os&Gs warband, black orc warband and the night goblin warband

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 18-Sep-2012, 05:54:24 | Message # 11
Major general
Hi Philson

A PM or PDF for the Os&Gs (Black
Orc & Gobbo's) would be great!

biggrin ... Walts

philsonDate: Wednesday, 19-Sep-2012, 16:33:19 | Message # 12
Sergeant
This is all you need enjoy

Added (19-Sep-2012, 4:33 PM)
If you want anything else just ask, there are many more warbands out there.

Attachments: Blackorcs.pdf (999.5 Kb) · Orcs_Goblins_Ho.pdf (1.43 Mb) · Night_Goblins_v.pdf (45.1 Kb)

MorgothDate: Wednesday, 19-Sep-2012, 23:16:39 | Message # 13
Major general
Thanks Philson ... One problemo ... the Blackorcs.pdf won't open and comes up as being corrupt?

Can u upload it again, checking that it opens on ur system first just to to double check.

Things do get corrupt during uploading, so it's bound to be a glitch on the websites tools ... Thanks, Walts

philsonDate: Thursday, 20-Sep-2012, 11:55:01 | Message # 14
Sergeant
Right it up loaded again I had no problems with it walts, I cant think of any reason why your having problems.
Attachments: 7753803.pdf (999.5 Kb)

MorgothDate: Thursday, 20-Sep-2012, 16:59:05 | Message # 15
Major general
Hi Philson ... That works a treat, thanks.

Strangely enough, I checked the other one again by downloading it and it's now OK as well??? Computers!!?!?!?

Have a rep bonus on me! ... Walts

philsonDate: Friday, 21-Sep-2012, 16:38:57 | Message # 16
Sergeant
Right guys here's whats happening that the moment the campagins getting scraped Aragon thinks there isn't a good amount of players,

so on sunday we can all shout at him and tell him how he's wrong he is.
Message edited by philson - Saturday, 22-Sep-2012, 21:05:50

philsonDate: Monday, 24-Sep-2012, 14:32:36 | Message # 17
Sergeant
rory wanted this uploaded its the forest goblin warband for mordhiem.

If theres any warband people want me to upload gives a shout.
Attachments: Forest20Goblins.pdf (741.9 Kb)

MorgothDate: Friday, 25-Jan-2013, 09:00:28 | Message # 18
Major general
Quote (philson)
rory wanted this uploaded its the forest goblin warband for mordhiem.

If theres any warband people want me to upload gives a shout.

Good call! cool

I'm just painting up some Forest Goblin Spider Riders at the mo ... what fun I'm having using my big old size 2 brush! ... Walts

Added (25-Jan-2013, 8:00 AM)
Hi Guys ... I've finally got a good read at the Mordheim rules and would luv to get some games over the next few months, with the chance of a campaign being played during the summer? Anyone still interested? ... Walts

Forum » General Wargaming Discussions » Arranging Games » Mordheim (Warhammer fantasy skirmish)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024