Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer Fantasy » Warhammer Fantasy - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » 8th Ed Magic Rule - 6's & Miscast!!!! (What's with the new ruling on spell casting!!!)
8th Ed Magic Rule - 6's & Miscast!!!!
BalrogDate: Thursday, 29-Mar-2012, 12:59:36 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Having been away from Warhammer Fantasy for an age, I've managed to get myself the 8th Edition rules and began familiarising myself with the game again, but I ain't happy about the new ruling that when rolling to see if a spell has been cast successfully a roll of 2 6’s now means the spell is cast with irresistible force but that the caster must roll on the miscast table ... what's that all about!!!

I want to be as happy as a pig-in-pooh when I get 6's, not happy/crazy at the same time! Bring back the old miscast on 2 1's and keep the irresistible force on 2 6's!

What say u warriors of the west! ... Walts

Jeffrey222Date: Monday, 28-May-2012, 21:25:20 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Confirmed
Balrog, i think the new rules are good i to show the wizard putting to much power into the spell and the disaster that can follow

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 29-May-2012, 02:31:04 | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Administrators
Yeah, I'm beginning to see it's a "six & half-a-dozen" rule. Having had a handful of games, it's worked in my favour as opposing spell casters have suffered rolling the two 6's and caused devastation on their own warriors! pocus

I'm still a bit stuck on the 6th Ed rules which kept the two 1's as a failure so u suffer and the two 6's as irr force. Time to move on to the modern world! wink ... Walts

PS: This post has been made with my new "pseudo-member" to clarify when posting as the Administrator or just my personal rants.

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

Forum » Warhammer Fantasy » Warhammer Fantasy - Rules, inHouse Rules & FAQs » 8th Ed Magic Rule - 6's & Miscast!!!! (What's with the new ruling on spell casting!!!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024