Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Frostbite Sectors » The Mine - Red Fields Battlefront (Some points of interest!)
The Mine - Red Fields Battlefront
BalrogDate: Sunday, 04-Mar-2012, 23:57:21 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... Having played the "The Mine" sector (Phase I & II) in the Red Fields battlefront today, zellak pointed out that a mention in the errata from Rackham about this sector put a whole different slant on how inf CAN block Line-of-Sight. Firstly, here's a link to the errata ...

>>> http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/at43/pdf/AT43QA2012.pdf

... and here's the sections that relate to "The Mine" sector ...

Q08 – Q10 All refer to The Mine
  • Q.Op-FBm-08 Can fighters stand on the inspection points?
    A.Op-FBm-08 Yes they can. In fact, if they don’t, this mission is almost impossible to win by the defender.

• Q.Op-FBm-09 If yes, do the fighter’s bases block LOS tothe inspection points?
    A.Op-FBm-09 Yes, bases block line of sight.

• Q.Op-FBm-10 If a defender in Phase 1 becomes attacker in Phase 2, is he considered to have inspected all the inspection points while he occupied the sector?
    A.Op-FBm-10 No, the defender can’t.
... So check the errata for ANY & ALL sectors you will be fighting in before you decide on your armies! ... Walts

zellakDate: Monday, 05-Mar-2012, 17:23:11 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
It should also be mentioned that the LOS being blocked in this case, is to counters representing inspection points.

So this does not signal a rule change to normal LOS.....just to the counters / just to the mission.

And changing the way in which the victory conditions were met was a good idea.

It should provide some interesting games if this is what the Umpire decides to go with.

And well played Comrade Che
victory

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 06-Mar-2012, 13:33:01 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi Z ... Thanks for pointing out those "quirks" in this sector!

Quote (zellak)
And well played Comrade Che.

True ... well played Che! I took a bashing as my choice of faction was completely wrong as I didn't have enough combat engineers available in the unit compositions, so first lesson learned for me. I enjoyed chatting after the game with Che & z about the game we played in general and some pointers they gave me, which will come back and bite them in their Red Blok butts! surprised

Thanks guys for the game & advice and bring on the next sector! ... Walts

zellakDate: Monday, 10-Sep-2012, 18:41:19 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Having watched Pavlov and Banksi play the Phase 1 scenario on Sunday.

It seems to me it would be fairer to the Defender, if the Attacker had to capture the inspection points rather than just get a LOS to them.

After all, three of the inspection points are very close to the attackers access zone. So a draw is a near certainty.(though defenders do win on a draw)

Are the black sink holes really the inspection points ?

Me and Che used to add another drop point to the top left of the map, and use the drop points instead !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Monday, 10-Sep-2012, 22:20:04 | Message # 5
Major general
Hi

I think theres a lot of the frostbite stuff broken, I suspect a rush job on "playtesting" which resulted in what we are seeing most of the scenarios have at least one issue others more and varying degrees some are just broken. I think the maps are playable but the scenario conditions dont work very well.

In saying that it was still a good game makes you realise how the other lot live so to speak biggrin

Alan
Message edited by pavlov - Monday, 10-Sep-2012, 22:39:43

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Monday, 10-Sep-2012, 23:11:40 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Yeah, the victory conditions in the book are very poor in some places.

I agree, the playtesting is a bit suspect.

Phase 2 is just as bad.

It would be so easy to destroy the mine. sad

And anyway , why would anyone want to !!! its too valuable !!!

It would be better to just use the lift as an objective...5 VP a turn.

(Or something like that ?)

CheDate: Wednesday, 12-Sep-2012, 21:01:02 | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
Me and Che used to add another drop point to the top left of the map, and use the drop points instead !

But that made it a b*****d of a game for the attacker in phase 2. Or am I being petty? angry

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

pavlovDate: Wednesday, 12-Sep-2012, 21:06:37 | Message # 8
Major general
Hi

Also all of the above might sound like an excuse for my complete lack of ability when it comes to at43 biggrin

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

zellakDate: Thursday, 13-Sep-2012, 09:30:38 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Or am I being petty?

Not at all surprised ................We played quite a few things different back then, remember ?

(A) No transports.

(B) We didn't have the tiles so set up walls instead....and ignored the hangar which blocks the door at the bottom (biggest door) which meant the defender had a fire lane from the bottom chrystal all the way to the main door.
That was a major bonus for me as the defender.

© We played the RP for containers all wrong.

(D) It would be possible to speed the advance using drop points. smile

Having said all that.....you could be right and its still not that easy for the attacker.

But i am willing to playtest new ideas for victory conditions in order to balance the scenario.

Really, we should check all the scenarios before we start a new campaign. !!!

Added (13-Sep-2012, 9:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (pavlov)
Hi

Also all of the above might sound like an excuse for my complete lack of ability when it comes to at43

Alan

Nah, the Red Blok are the weakest army of the bunch.

They are a real challenge to play.

Which is a pity cos they look the coolest .
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 13-Sep-2012, 09:33:56

CheDate: Friday, 14-Sep-2012, 09:06:10 | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Quote (pavlov)
Also all of the above might sound like an excuse for my complete lack of ability when it comes to at43

zellak's right. I've been playing Red Blok for 2 or 3 years I think and I'm still getting used to things. You have to put with a few defeats before the victories start coming, believe me! wink smile

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - Frostbite Sectors » The Mine - Red Fields Battlefront (Some points of interest!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024