• «
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Week 5 moves
Week 5 moves
zellakDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 00:19:13 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Quote (Balrog)
Sooooooooooo, where does it say in the inHouse Rules that players who don't show forfeit the sector and return to HQ? Oh, that's right, it doesn't!

It doesn't have to say anything anywhere.....if someone doesn't bother to let people know they wont be in, then why should they get another chance to let us down ! To hell with the in-house bloody rules . angry

Not only did Jack not turn up without telling us. (though he did contact Jason, Jamie and Curtis)

Mark was a no-show as well.

And there was no army list in the folder

And the army list was not posted here on the forum ( where we could have got it by i-phone).

If team UNA had been trying to avoid playing the game, they couldn't have done a better job !

Quote (pavlov)
Can we also punish Walter for not being in since I dragged myself from my deathbed to discuss rules agaaaaaaaain and he was a no show, although in his defence he did post that he was unavailable at 10.57 am on Sunday.

True, Pavlov looked done in on Sunday but still made it in cos Walter wanted a face2face.

What do you have in mind Pav ???

To Che.

Quote (pavlov)
You cant resign

Life time party membership for Blok

What he said. biggrin

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 01:34:24 | Message # 22
Aun Va III
Hi Guys ... Some posts from elsewhere ...
    Quote (zellak)
    Quote (Balrog)
    Any thoughts on when we can sort these rules, especially as there's an AT-43 game this weekend? ... Walts

No replies....guess not.

Quote (Banksi)
    At the weekend ... Can we have it fairly well structured please, like the most annoying first
... which showed that only Me & Banksi had confirmed that they where up for a meeting last Sunday. As no-one else confirmed they wanted to meet, I had no idea who was doing what, so made no effort to come in later as no else bothered to let me know that the Face2face was going to happen ... I'm not psychic!

AND, as I've said ... I'm happy to take the players decisions for the inHouse Rules as it was my fault for not covering that sitdown I didn't know was going to happen ... Walts

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 01:41:57 | Message # 23
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
Can we also punish Walter for not being in since I dragged myself from my deathbed to discuss rules agaaaaaaaain and he was a no show, although in his defence he did post that he was unavailable at 10.57 am on Sunday.

Soz Pav, but I'd posted that I wouldn't be in at 6:29am so players could see that when logging in for the days gaming ...
    4 Balrog (11-Dec-2011 6:29 AM)
    Soz guys ... I've been out & about to late 2nite, so won't be in ... Walts
... Where did u get 10:57am from? Or is that what shows in ur browser?

As I had nothing major to cover (as far as I knew!) I didn't see any need to come in. BUT, major soz for not being at the meeting, I'm sure u all missed me!!! tongue

Walts

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 07:04:51 | Message # 24
Aun Va III
Quote (Che)
That's it I resign!!!!!

Look what u guys have done again ... poor Che! Once again, making rash decisions round the table and thinking EVERYONE's going to be OK with it? You never think of the consequences or ALL the players. Here's an extract from the inHouse Rules ... not sure how u voted on this? ...
    Voting System Suggestion: Situations where players at the meeting want to introduce a new issue to
    the table have to realise that if players are missing from the face-2-face and as proxy voting relies on
    prior knowledge of the meetings agenda, that no voting can be carried out during that session. This
    allows all players time to prepare and proxy voting to come into play for players not at that table
    meeting or the next AT-43 sit-down? … Any suggestions or feedback?

... this was proposed to stop rash decisions being made tableside so ALL players could have a say, ether at the next meeting or proxy voting? ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 12:30:55 | Message # 25
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
... which showed that only Me & Banksi had confirmed that they where up for a meeting last Sunday. As no-one else confirmed they wanted to meet, I had no idea who was doing what, so made no effort to come in later as no else bothered to let me know that the Face2face was going to happen ... I'm not psychic!

Well Banksi did turn up for the meeting, so did Pavlov (looking very under-the-weather), so did i, Tom turned up expecting to play and Che was there to.

And we were only pulling your leg...there was no meeting...no one could be bothered.

So everyone went home, except me and Che who stayed and played Gang Wars.

Added (13-Dec-2011, 12:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
With hindsight I now think a forum and group meetings is not the best way to run a campaign.

It would be easier if we had an umpire who made all final decisions.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 18:43:49 | Message # 26
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
With hindsight I now think a forum and group meetings is not the best way to run a campaign.

I thought we where only using the forums to batter some game ideas about? I don't know why people are getting so stressed ... it's just a game! Granted, there's plenty of heated discussions going about, but that shows that some players are passionate about the AT-43 platform and using a final voting system gets the inHouse Rules sorted once and for-all. What's the big deal ... why so stressed guys?! Compared to work, these forums are a breath of fresh air for me!

And if a handful of "grown-ups" can't discuss things, regardless of how heated things get, then vote round a table, it's a sad day in paradise ... I guess ur right about us being "Amateur part-timers!" blink sad blink

I guess an "overseer" would have made life easy for everyone in the campaign. Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing! ... Walts

CheDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 20:41:20 | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
Quote (Che)
That's it I resign!!!!!

I was only joking. I shall shut up from now on so I don't illicit undeserved sympathy.

Quote (Balrog)
Look what u guys have done again ... poor Che!

Poor Che! - I'm not a wimp ya know!

Added (13-Dec-2011, 8:41 PM)

Quote (zellak)

Who would dare fie
Message edited by Che - Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 20:38:31

zellakDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 00:13:37 | Message # 28
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
Who would dare

I bet Gerry could do a good job, it would save all the hassle of face to face meetings.

Added (14-Dec-2011, 0:13 AM)

Quote (Balrog)
I guess an "overseer" would have made life easy for everyone in the campaign.

I'm glad you agree.
Message edited by zellak - Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 00:08:41

gerrywithaGDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 01:22:23 | Message # 29
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Gents,

I've lurked around for the last wee while after my last spell of posting.

Two very important things to note

We are an amateur club, this is a bloody hobby and if people can't turn up or let the appropriate people know that they won't be in then that isn't good enough. People give up time and make the effort to support the club

Secondly, people are getting a bit hot and bothered again and some of the posts I've been reading don't reflect well on the members of our club and I find that actually quite disappointing.

I understand that people can get very passionate about their point of view but I would say that members need to take a step back here and look at what has actually happened before letting their fingers loose on the keyboard.

From my take on it , a game was set up, wasn't played because one of the teams was a no show with no acknowledgement to their opponents. The side that did turn up is claiming a victory because of the no show, although , admittedly, there is nothing in the rules about it and it is obviously something that wasn't considered in the House Rules either and now both sides are a little entrenched in their position; With others , who should know better, chipping in from the sidelines which seems to be enflaming the situation

Would that be a fair assessment of where we are??

As for the Umpire idea, It is looking more and more likely, to me, that we will need to have an umpire in any campaign that we play from now on as there seems to be too many different opinions, ideas etc to have any wholesale agreement from the masses. That then leads to the question of who would be willing to take on such a role.

As flattered as I am that somebody would consider me an acceptable choice for the post, I have to admit that I would only consider/ be willing to take it on with certain fixed conditions that I'm willing to discuss more fully when I see people

Best Regards

Gerry

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

zellakDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 12:17:31 | Message # 30
Generalissimo
To GwaG,

Thanks for the input Gerry.
smile

SailorTomDate: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2012, 15:49:56 | Message # 31
Private
Gosh guys I come back to read the Forum after a gap and I feel that I need a bigger flak jacket.

Is it safe to attend the Club on the 8 Jan? surprised

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 03-Jan-2012, 21:11:01 | Message # 32
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hands out Helmets, Gas masks & Kevlar vests

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 20:14:13 | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Serenity City fight played today.

ONI +20 VP ... + 30 MP (retain control of sector)

UNA +16 VP... + 250 MP ( CentCom return to HQ)

Karman +14 VP... -785 MP (Flux return to HQ)

Added (29-Jan-2012, 11:14 PM)
Bump.

C'mon Banksi ....update the map.

Or are you going to hold off til after you annihilate me on Sunday
tongue

Added (05-Feb-2012, 6:25 PM)
Mount Serenity ; week 5

Therian +20 VP.... -215 MP (Cypher control Mount Serenity)

Karman +6 VP.... -1400 AP from Karman Company. (Karman company reduced to 1600 AP, returns to HQ)

Added (05-Feb-2012, 7:14 PM)
Final totals with one game to play in week 5 (Tarmac Spaceport)

UNA 56 VP 2300 MP Control ; Caves of Doubt. Mind and Union >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Centcom in HQ.

RB 65 VP 1150 MP Control : Observation Post. Supra and Red Blok>>>>>>.Gencol and Frontline in HQ

Therian/ ONi 180 VP 1530 MP Control : Starport ( R&D and Warrior)/Serenity City(Oni )/ Mount Serenity(Cypher).

Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 19:30:41

BanksiDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 21:03:08 | Message # 34
Major general
Group: Administrators
As I see No point in playing this campaign any further.

I call "End it now"

Anyone else?
Message edited by Banksi - Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 21:59:14

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

CheDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 23:04:56 | Message # 35
Lieutenant general
I'll vote for that cry

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Week 5 moves
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024