Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43: Frostbite Campaign - Phase II Wk4 (The battle for Élysée continues in the Emerald Mountains!)
AT-43: Frostbite Campaign - Phase II Wk4
CheDate: Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:35:02 | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Group: Member
I think I got peed off having a rep + for winning a game. Didn't seem fair to you guys who are on the ball.

Added (16-Sep-2011, 8:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (zellak)
Just a friendly warning.

Point taken. I wouldn't want to get drummed out of the club.

Added (16-Sep-2011, 8:35 PM)

Quote (zellak)
What if......Gwag plays Pavlov at the CoD.

And we do a what if, and one of Balrog's companies attacks the OP. Jack can play the Therians( me as advisor) vs Valts /Che.

That sounds good. biggrin

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:35:44 | Message # 22
Generalissimo
Quote (Che)
I think I got peed off having a rep + for winning a game.

The one where you took the starport .

The ONI and the UNA were both to timid, and the RB just kept throwing bodies in even when they were getting shot up.

Very Soviet, bags of cavalry dash ! biggrin

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:38:35 | Message # 23
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
The one where you took the starport .

That's the one. But the extra rep felt like a sympathy vote and a pat on the head.

zellakDate: Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:46:01 | Message # 24
Generalissimo
More a pat on the back to a friend who was struggling.

http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/_ph/29/2/540931452.jpg

Look again at the end move. You played it right !

The RB are either dead or on the objective....now THAT is Soviet when all is said and done.
biggrin
Message edited by zellak - Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:46:39

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 16-Sep-2011, 20:59:17 | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
OK, no more BS, self pity, negative vibes etc. Red blok will win or die! cool biggrin smile wacko tongue

Added (16-Sep-2011, 8:59 PM)
I'm going to listen to some western style rockie decadent musik. "Back in the Red Blok" cool . Byee! See ya a week on Sunday.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 20-Sep-2011, 14:13:03 | Message # 26
Aun Va III
Hi Guys, I won't be able to make it in this weekend, 25th Sept, but anyone can play my Red Blok factions if they get a chance.

I've a couple of army PDFs I can send if need be? ... work commitments angry2 ... Walts.

zellakDate: Thursday, 29-Sep-2011, 17:33:57 | Message # 27
Generalissimo
Please bring in a hard copy for the campaign file....cheers. happy

Added (29-Sep-2011, 5:33 PM)
Still no update on the main page for this Sunday 2nd Oct. !!!

What are the two UNA companies at the Starport ?

Has Mark written them ?

Will Mark be in ?

Can we do the Starport : Phase 2, for real this Sunday ?

And will Valts bring in his army list ?
wink
Message edited by zellak - Thursday, 29-Sep-2011, 17:34:40

BalrogDate: Friday, 30-Sep-2011, 17:47:46 | Message # 28
Aun Va III
Hey Guys ... As far as I know, IanW won't be in this weekend, so I'm guessing there will be no Tarmac Spaceport this weekend! I'll bring in my army lists (with a readable fonttype) this weekend, but need to tweak as the Commissar (Propoganda) ability has been removed, so I've 150 points to use elsewhere.

I've created a quick thread on the homepage to drum up some interest for Sunday, but I've asked Marko to bring in one of his D&D boardgames for something different ... Walts

CheDate: Saturday, 01-Oct-2011, 15:28:49 | Message # 29
Lieutenant general
I will be in on 2nd October. Hope I've not spoilt anyones plans D&D wise. I'll bring in my stuff but no worries if this post is too late! cool

zellakDate: Saturday, 01-Oct-2011, 16:31:36 | Message # 30
Generalissimo
To Che : Its a D&D boardgame, dont know which one. Could be a larf. smile So AT-43 on hold this week.

To Balrog : Are the UNA companies on the recent map correct, and what are their destinations ?

BalrogDate: Saturday, 01-Oct-2011, 17:42:56 | Message # 31
Aun Va III
@Zellak: Marko has the basic D&D set with an expansion that he's bringing on Sunday, so not 100% what one he has ... most likely an older version.

As to the UNA ... ur guess is as good as mine! Nether Gerry or Marko have given me any notice as too what factions where, so I've given up PM'ing ether of them for some feedback. Even I get bored PM'ing all the time!

zellakDate: Friday, 07-Oct-2011, 09:57:36 | Message # 32
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
@Zellak: Marko has the basic D&D set with an expansion that he's bringing on Sunday, so not 100% what one he has ... most likely an older version.

Ah right....think i know the one you mean.

Quote (Balrog)
Even I get bored PM'ing all the time!

Wow ....now that is news. biggrin wink

Added (07-Oct-2011, 9:57 Am)
Had an e-mail from Gerry. He is to busy with work commitments at the moment to participate in the AT-43 campaign.

So Mark is in command of all UNA forces. Until further notice. Maybe Jack would like to help him out ?

This now frees UNA to play Starport game this Sunday , vs RB (Valts) and Therians (zellak).

Got a message from Tom, he wont manage in on the 23rd Oct to play Banksi at Mount Serenity.

Banksi will be in on the 23rd Oct ....so could play Che at the Mount Elysee....if he is available on that date.

CheDate: Friday, 07-Oct-2011, 21:23:06 | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
Quote (zellak)
Banksi will be in on the 23rd Oct ....so could play Che at the Mount Elysee....if he is available on that date.

I will be in. I'm a bit of a closet masochist smile . So it's Frostbit on Sunday. I'll bring in the comrades.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 06:22:14 | Message # 34
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Thought it would give my brain something to do this week....with the Drow D&D finished ...and my week 4 AT-43 game been played. mellow

... little bit of an "issue" with our Space Tarmac battle ... see PM's ... huh rtfm shok ... and as me, zellak & Deadlock are always in, I don't see how we couldn't replay as I'm happy to get more gameplay time in?

Or do we normally just keep things as they are with the massive damage done to the Red Blok faction? ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 17:13:48 | Message # 35
Generalissimo
No replays...the game stands.
We simply cannot replay a game every time somebody makes a mistake in the rules.

Not exactly "massive damage" !!! Only about 700 AP.

(You will lose a lot more before the end. tongue )

I added the updated arachn rules to the download page.
These rules replaced the original rules in operation frostbite.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 17:52:57 | Message # 36
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
We simply cannot replay a game every time somebody makes a mistake in the rules.

Not exactly "massive damage" !!! Only about 700 AP.

@zellak: I don't agree with not playing the Tarmac Spaceport again, especially as we're playing the Frostbite Campaign and every battle effects the final outcome of the campaign winner.

I'm a bit disappointed that I've had to make the suggestion about replaying the game again ... what happened to the "spirit of the game" ... has this been shelved? I lost 860 points which crippled my Red Blok forces from taking any further part in the game, so it was not a minor mistake in the rules. If the rule mistake didn't have such a profound effect on the outcome of the battle, I wouldn't have bothered, but like I said before, me, u & Marko are regulars to the club, so we can easily play anytime.

Quote (zellak)
I added the updated arachn rules to the download page.
These rules replaced the original rules in operation frostbite.

As u know, I'm currently working through the idea of creating a new AT-43 army and have been looking at all the various army's currently playing ... Therian, Red Blok, UNA, Karman & ONi ... and Cogs ... so I kid myself on that I'll create a fairly level army with odd good & bad points, without any extreme's.

So, having read the new Storm Arachn rules, I totally disagree with the "Group Sacrifice" ability. I thought we where looking to tweak odd rules & army abilities so that no one army (& faction) is not overpowered? This new ability is an example of way too much for one unit IMHO .... Walts

CheDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 20:12:55 | Message # 37
Lieutenant general
Where did all this come from, chaps? I'm not getting involved 'cos this is all new to me. Zellak, did you say on Sunday you'd added/cganged rules? Anyhoo, nowt to do wi' me. Have fun!

Added (11-Oct-2011, 8:12 PM)

Quote (Balrog)
Or do we normally just keep things as they are with the massive damage done to the Red Blok faction?

Quote (Balrog)

Bet you can't wait to change to Tau, eh Walts!! This is all too exciting.

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 20:44:32 | Message # 38
Aun Va III
biggrin Thanks Commander Che! biggrin

As this was my second game in the year, and first battle as an attacker in the game, I would have liked to have lasted a bit longer in the game, but who's to say the outcome wouldn't have been the same? ... so let's get it on, again! AND, it's bound to be the same for Wk 5 if the other armies don't pull their socks up and fight for the objectives!

This goes to show that we're all still not 100% sure/know the rules of the game/armies/factions and this is another genuine mistake by one of the most experianced players on the AT-43 game table ... I'd just like more gametime. If it wasn't in the Frostbite Campaign setting and the damage wasn't so severe, where every battle counts for VP's, MP's and sector control, then I wouldn't have bothered, but we've hardly any MP points to replace my lost units, so "in the spirit of the game" we know it was a genuine mistake, let's say it was bad dream (or nightmare more like!) Captain P. Vrachov was having and play again?

As a suggestion, the army faction lists can change? ... Walts

zellakDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 21:25:27 | Message # 39
Generalissimo
I will not replay the game. The result stands.

If the majority of players want to change the Arachn rules then i will abide by their decision.

But we cannot replay games because of a players mistake.

Where would it all end !!!

In this case, i had a Arachne unit count as having a free Overseer.... as that is the faction advantage.

My bad. sad

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 11-Oct-2011, 21:43:12 | Message # 40
Aun Va III
@zellak: Where would it all end? ... when the games played right, obviously.

I've no qualms about being beaten fairly, but I'm not happy with the major loss my Red Blok faction suffered at the mistake of another player ... that's not fair by a long way! If I had made a rule mistake and only my army/faction suffered from it, I wouldn't be making an issue of this, but suffering at the hands of another players not what I thought fairplay was all about. I thought we all believed in fairplay above all else .... I'm not sensing that @ the mo? sad

If u don't want to replay the game, then remove all the VP, MP, medals, etc, everyone gained/lost and lets leave it at that and move onto Week 5? ... Walts

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » AT-43: Frostbite Campaign - Phase II Wk4 (The battle for Élysée continues in the Emerald Mountains!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024