• «
Archive - read only
Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Mount Serenity : Phase 2
Mount Serenity : Phase 2
zellakDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 01:12:13 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Quote (Banksi)
but it doesnt state that the defender cant destroy them to prevent him doing so.

True, it does not......but if the defender destroys both altars (which he is defending) on turn 1, should he claim a victory or a draw ?

I asked on the Red Dragon forum " Who scores VP for destroying the altars, the attacker only ?

"Yes it would be the attacker like you said, if it was the defender it's going to make their life far too easy." quote Lupus from the Red Dragon Forum.

I am certain we had agreed that each altar was worth 10 VP ?

As there are two altars and you need 20 VP to win.

Also, i think that the defender should be allowed to count the edge of the map on his deployment tiles as escape routes, so that he can exit the table if he decides the encounter is becoming Pyhrric.
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 01:17:31

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 08:50:29 | Message # 22
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Also, i think that the defender should be allowed to count the edge of the map on his deployment tiles as escape routes, so that he can exit the table if he decides the encounter is becoming Pyhrric.

I don't get this "namby-pamby" attitude to getting on with fighting to the death? Rackham deliberately wrote the rule ...
    ... a player may call a “Retreat!”. The units deployed are immediately eliminated.
... to force players to fight to death, else be punished when running away, opps, soz, "retreating". In my opinion, it's one of the best things about their rules. If u don't like the sector dynamics, don't go there!

It's been a bugbear of mine for some time that players take longer to set up a battlefield and walk on for one round, then walk off the next? Play the the rules as their written, especially when there's 100% clarity! ... Walts

BalrogDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 09:03:27 | Message # 23
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
True, it does not......but if the defender destroys both altars (which he is defending) on turn 1, should he claim a victory or a draw ?

Nether. The attacker should push forward and destroy the defenders forces! Attack, attack ... attack ... until u crush your enemy's forces OR u get wiped out ... a bloody battle as the sector was designed. Here's a ref to the overall FB (Page 77) sector win ruling ...
    If there is only one company left on the battlefield, it is victorious and wins the
    maximum number of points allowed for this mission.
... so get in there and do some serious damage! ... Walts

zellakDate: Sunday, 05-Feb-2012, 10:33:59 | Message # 24
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Attack, attack ... attack ...

LOL, talk is cheap when watching from the sidelines. biggrin

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

Forum » Archives » AT-43 - Club, News & Gossip » Mount Serenity : Phase 2
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024