Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 Campaign week 3
AT-43 Campaign week 3
zellakDate: Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 20:14:34 | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Group: Member
ONI win at Tarmac Spaceport. (Despite RB scorched earth strategy ! )

Red Blok +15 VP

Therian / ONI +20 VP
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 20:17:46

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 21:02:37 | Message # 22
Aun Va III
Sadly, The Red Blok boys where wiped out down to the last man by the Zombie hoards, helped by the devastating gunfire from the U.N.A troopers! All-in-all an eye opener to the difficulties in defending with so few points on the table and no big guns.

Of course, it didn't help that the Therian Advisor egged and harassed both the ONi & UNA factions into the control room as if they where a single force ... my Red Blok units had no chance. BUT, we will rise again ... stronger than before ... more powerful than before ... "onward comrades, onward for the glory of the mighty red hammer and death to all those who come before you!" ... Lt Valts

zellakDate: Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 21:24:59 | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Of course, it didn't help that the Therian Advisor egged and harassed both the ONi & UNA factions into the control room as if they where a single force

LOL biggrin

Nice idea blowing up the containers. dry

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Sunday, 14-Aug-2011, 22:05:02 | Message # 24
Aun Va III
Quote (zellak)
Nice idea blowing up the containers.

wacko ... Yeah, it looked like a good idea on paper! Famous last words of a dead Red Blok Lieutenant! ... wacko

Corporal Valtz

NemesisDate: Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 05:16:09 | Message # 25
Lieutenant
Speaking of blowing things up --- can any piece of terrain be destroyed or is it limited to containers, nano-generators or crystals??? crazy loony

BalrogDate: Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 07:14:51 | Message # 26
Aun Va III
AT-43 Rulebook - Page 97:
    Terrain elements can be destroyed by using the “Sabotage” ability. It is necessary to use explosives to destroy it totally.
    However, when the mission allows it, some terrain elements can be destroyed by fighters’ weapons. This implies that these
    elements are worn out and about to collapse, or built from bits and pieces.
FB Rulebook - Page 11 - General Rule:
    Terrain elements may be destroyed during a battle when the mission says so. They have structure points and have rules
    detailed on page 97 of the Rulebook.
FB Rulebook - Page 15 - Bunkers:
  • Secured: The bunker cannot be sabotaged.
  • If the roof is destroyed, Improved cover and Secured rules are no longer applied. The
    bunker’s possible weapons are destroyed.
Looking at the various rulebook snippets, I would say ALL terrain elements can be destroyed by a Field/Combat Engineer, unless the terrain is listed as "Secured", or the mission rules state that it can't be "Sabotaged", which is the Field/Combat Engineer's special ability, like the Red Blok sapper done in the last Spaceport battle!

Firstly, check the mission rules for specific's; and if the mission rules say terrain elements can be destroyed, then any unit can target the terrain element with gunfire, using the stats in the various rulebooks.

Have I covered everything guys? ... Corporal Valtz

pavlovDate: Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 17:22:59 | Message # 27
Major general
K101 Spaceport is the only scenario which allows the destruction of terrain/containers, the only other way to destroy containers/terrain is if they were purchased with mp (material points ) ie the bunker and container purchased by red blok.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BanksiDate: Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 19:29:37 | Message # 28
Major general
Group: Administrators
Can someone send me the what happened update, vp's , rp's , who's where so i can update the map

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 20:32:01 | Message # 29
Generalissimo
Red Blok +15 VP

Therian / ONI +20 VP

Morning Star return to UNA HQ

Supra (a type 2 strider) returns to RB HQ.

The RP are in the folder at the club.

On destroying terrain elements>>>>>>>>>>>>looks like people have been swotting up. biggrin
But a question came up in that game we could discuss on the Q&A thread.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 15-Aug-2011, 20:34:54

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 16-Aug-2011, 00:15:01 | Message # 30
Aun Va III
Quote (pavlov)
K101 Spaceport is the only scenario which allows the destruction of terrain/containers, the only other way to destroy containers/terrain is if they were purchased with mp (material points ) ie the bunker and container purchased by red blok. ... Alan

Hi Alan ... What's K101 mean/come from? I've only the FB PDF file for keeping track of the rules ... are they missing something?

Reading the FB PDF - Spaceport rules again, there's no "Special Rule" about terrain except for the control tower being secured and cannot be sabotaged, so ALL other terrain can be "Sabotaged" (destroyed) by Field/Combat Engineers, but not destroyed by standard gunfire ... is that what you mean?

Corp Valtz

pavlovDate: Tuesday, 16-Aug-2011, 06:19:04 | Message # 31
Major general
Good morning

Red Fields, k101 spaceport page 80 of frostbite I think this is from an earlier part of the campaign but still the only scenario with destructable terrain.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 16-Aug-2011, 07:12:12 | Message # 32
Aun Va III
Hey Alan ... Right, see that now!

So, in that battlefronts "Special Rules", it lists the containers as destroyable ... soooooo, Field/Combat Engineers can destroy ALL terrain elements with their "Sabotage" ability AND all other units can turn their weapon fire on the containers and destroy them too! That's the first time I've seen that rule used, but Z did say that it comes up in a later battlefront in Phase 2. Looking forward to the mass destruction!!!! ... Corp Valtz

CheDate: Tuesday, 16-Aug-2011, 19:26:06 | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
If I can put my Marxist oar in. Engineers can destroy any terrain unless it is secured. Terrain shown on the maps cannot be destroyed by being fired on unless it says so for the scenario in question.I f it has been "dropped" by one of the companies fighting it can be destroyed by weapons fire. Does that sum it up or have I missed something? It's been a while since I read the rules closely, but I think that's how we've played it. smile

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Sunday, 21-Aug-2011, 19:17:25 | Message # 34
Generalissimo
Another two games played today .

Therians won at the Observation Post .............. 20VP versus Red Blok 10 VP.

Karmans/Libra won a concord square battle against the M.IND/ UNA company

Libra now continue on to attack the Caves of Doubt for the final battle of Week 3.
CentCom await. dry

Phase 2 looms on the horizon, start working out those 3000 point Companies. smile

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 23-Aug-2011, 23:54:12 | Message # 35
Major general
Group: Administrators
Who wants the Powerpoint template for the campaign map?

First bidder gets it...

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

ZealyotDate: Wednesday, 24-Aug-2011, 00:33:05 | Message # 36
Lieutenant colonel
Hey guys found this on the web and instantly thought of all you AT-43 gamers. Look at the containers at the bottom of this page

Tablescape

if it helps then great and if not half of the other scenery wouldn't look out of place either.

hope it helps

Zealyot

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Wednesday, 24-Aug-2011, 10:41:16 | Message # 37
Generalissimo
Quote (Zealyot)
if it helps then great and if not half of the other scenery wouldn't look out of place either.

hope it helps

Zealyot

Cheers Zealyot. happy

Aye, there are quite a few good terrain manufacturers out there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope to see you get a game in Phase 2. ohyes

pavlovDate: Wednesday, 24-Aug-2011, 16:48:53 | Message # 38
Major general
Found a link for this in my e-mail last week

http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T031-Shipping-Containers

cheaper amd more for a little work and how good would happag loyd look on the table.

Alan

CheDate: Wednesday, 24-Aug-2011, 19:21:18 | Message # 39
Lieutenant general
I think the Red Blok have another 15 VP making the total 55. We got 15vp out of defending the Spaceport or am I mistaken?

Added (24-Aug-2011, 7:21 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Banksi)

First bidder gets it...

I know I said I would do it, but on reflection it sounds too much like hard work and I do too much of that during the day. Sorry comrades, count me out of this one! sad

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 24-Aug-2011, 21:47:23 | Message # 40
Aun Va III
Quote (Banksi)

First bidder gets it...

Hi Banksi ... I'll help out with the campaign map if you want to forward it too me. You'll get me email address from my profile ... Walts

Forum » AT-43 Discussions » AT-43 - General » AT-43 Campaign week 3
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024