Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Armies » Eldar Army V1.3 - Border Skirmish List (Just a thread for my Eldar list that I took to Nottingham)
Eldar Army V1.3 - Border Skirmish List
JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 22:02:47 | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Member
Hello! Since I see lots of sub-forums for 40k I just thought I should start filling them up. wink

This thread contains the list that I took to Nottingham for the border skirmish. Coming in at a respectable 7th out of 33 for Glasgow with a Win, a Loss and a Draw and 13/15 for painting! Can’t complain really for the first tournament environment I have played in. Not bad for a 2006 Codex :P

I knew very little about the tournament before I went so I just went for an all-round list. It was 1500 Points standard force organisation chart. We played one of each mission type and one of each set up. So 2/3 of the games were objective based. Having this is mind before I left I took three troops choices.

Farseer
Spirit Stones, Doom and Fortune.
130 Points

Farseer
Spirit Stones, Doom and Fortune.
130 Points

Wave Serpent I
Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons.
100 Points

Fire Dragons
6 Fire Dragons. Exarch with Firepike and Crack Shot Power.
121 Points

Wave Serpent II
100 Points

Howling Banshees
10 Howling Banshees. Exarch with Executioner and Acrobatic power.
187 Points

Wave Serpent III
100 Points

Dire Avengers
10 Dire Avengers. Exarch with Two Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm power.
152 Points

Dire Avengers
5 Dire Avengers.
60 Points

Dire Avengers
5 Dire Avengers.
60 Points

Falcon I
Eldar Missile Launcher, Spirit Stones and Holo-Fields.
180 points

Falcon II
Eldar Missile Launcher, Spirit Stones and Holo-Fields.
180 points
Total: 1500 Points

After gaming with it I would like to make a few changes, drop the Banshees and put back in Eldrad. Change the Banshees for Fire Dragons as the same set up since it seemed to be lacking anti tank. Anyway thoughts and criticism is welcome!

Cheers, Jamie

Oh and here is a picture of the army in all its glory! wink

Ill add the finishing touches soon ;D

Attachments: 2789335.jpg (64.5 Kb)
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:27:47

p1fxDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 05:02:28 | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Lots of tanks there!, everyone has so many of them these days. I have just made my first army list for 40k since about 93 and I only have 2 tanks in a 3000 point force

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Monday, 20-Feb-2012, 16:46:58 | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Quote (p1fx)
Lots of tanks there!, everyone has so many of them these days. I have just made my first army list for 40k since about 93 and I only have 2 tanks in a 3000 point force

5th Edition tends to be mech heavy these days, seeing all the Grav tanks zooming about looks impressive aswell though!
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:27:18

BanksiDate: Tuesday, 17-Apr-2012, 22:42:12 | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Administrators
I've a question about Harlequins, Can they be put in a Wave Serpent?

I know the Codex doesn't list them as having a transport but it doesn't say they cant either.

Also what has made Dire Avengers suddenly so good, I've always taken Banshees and Striking scorpions as my main troops.

Is there a change in the rules that helped them?
Message edited by Banksi - Tuesday, 17-Apr-2012, 22:44:10

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Thursday, 19-Apr-2012, 19:18:14 | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Quote (Banksi)
I've a question about Harlequins, Can they be put in a Wave Serpent?

I know the Codex doesn't list them as having a transport but it doesn't say they cant either.

Also what has made Dire Avengers suddenly so good, I've always taken Banshees and Striking scorpions as my main troops.

Is there a change in the rules that helped them?

Yeah they can be put in a Wave Serpent! Only downside is you have to "borrow" a wave serpent from another unit that can take a Wave Serpent. Leaving the other unit without transport. See Latest FAQ on Dedicated transport.

Dire Avengers can put out 32 S4 Shots after getting out a transport in one round of shooting with Bladestorm. Also putting Dire Avengers in a Falcon (Dedicated Transport rule FAQS again) makes it a scoring unit. So instead of T3 easy to kill scoring units you have a tough robust Falcon. On the subject of Banshees and Striking scorpions i dont seem to have any luck with them as people kill them before they get the chance to hit! :(

BanksiDate: Thursday, 19-Apr-2012, 19:34:34 | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Administrators
Thanks for that info Jamie, The reason I asked is I'm working on my 40k Eldar army at the moment and I've got lots of Harlequins (46 in total but not all painted).

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Armies » Eldar Army V1.3 - Border Skirmish List (Just a thread for my Eldar list that I took to Nottingham)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024