Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » New edition already?
New edition already?
p1fxDate: Thursday, 08-May-2014, 21:55:07 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
What do folk make of the rumours of another edition already on it's way? The rulebooks are no longer available on the GW website, so something is going on. Will be really annoyed if there's a new edition so soon.

Added (08-May-2014, 8:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Well new edition is confirmed, 24th may for pre orders. only 2 YEARS after the last edition!

One of the major changes is the new option to use an unbound army, meaning you can use whatever mini's you like without any Force organisation sad
Message edited by p1fx - Thursday, 08-May-2014, 21:55:32

zellakDate: Thursday, 08-May-2014, 23:15:19 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Aye, been watching the nerd-rage build on the forums/u-tube over the last few days.

Spoon-fed wargaming has its downside.
tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Friday, 09-May-2014, 17:17:25 | Message # 3
Colonel
I am pretty p*ssed off about it tbh. Two years is a joke.

Added (09-May-2014, 4:17 PM)
A new rumour going around that GW are going to release a free pdf update for folk with the 6th edition rule book. Not sure if I can see it happening to be honest, GW passing up an opportunity to make everyone spend an extra £50 on a new book? Would be great if it is true though.

zellakDate: Friday, 09-May-2014, 23:14:25 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Quote p1fx ()
GW passing up an opportunity to make everyone spend an extra £50 on a new book?

Now that would be a surprise !!!

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Saturday, 10-May-2014, 01:35:44 | Message # 5
Colonel
Well we can only live in hope eh.

And start planning life without GW games if it is not true.
Message edited by p1fx - Saturday, 10-May-2014, 01:37:00

zellakDate: Sunday, 11-May-2014, 19:55:21 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Some of the ideas for the new 7th edition are interesting.

A new psychic phase (like the WHFB magic phase)

And a new way to score victory points, using a 36 card deck with changing objectives every turn. ...... Could be fun ?

Anbound armies....no force charts, just field anything you want !

Bound armies (battle-forged i think they will be called)using the codex as normal, which will have bonuses that unbound armies dont get.

Have not heard anything about the other rules changing...ie....movement /shooting/morale/melee'.....?
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 11-May-2014, 19:56:42

p1fxDate: Monday, 12-May-2014, 14:44:40 | Message # 7
Colonel
No the basic rules are not being radically changed, hence why the talk of a free update.

Unbound armies is open to way too much abuse, which will happen for sure. Formations tbh is just another way to shift more stock, and the force org option (which I am not sure we will see often) apparently only gives you a few extra special rules for sticking to it. Unbound will be the way most glory boys will go unfortunately.

The new magic phase thing will need to be done carefully or armies such as grey knights will have tons of power and some like necrons will have very little to do in such a phase.

zellakDate: Monday, 12-May-2014, 19:03:57 | Message # 8
Generalissimo
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhamm....r-40000

Some more new info.

"Formations tbh is just another way to shift more stock"

Aye, remember having quite a few online debates with Jervis about giving a free Eldar Avatar to every Epic Armageddon Eldar army. dry

I remarked that there must be a warehouse full of Avatars somewhere that JJ had been told to shift......dont think he was to pleased. tongue

p1fxDate: Tuesday, 13-May-2014, 09:41:07 | Message # 9
Colonel
Quote zellak ()
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhamm....r-40000 Some more new info.

Aye I saw that on the other day, I think it was the first in a series of 3 vids he did on the new edition.

Added (13-May-2014, 8:34 AM)
Oh and the free update is apparently not happening now, surprise surprise.

Added (13-May-2014, 8:41 AM)
The new rulebook is apparently £50 as expected, and is split into 3 books within a sleeve. I think most folk will wait for the boxed game to come out in order to get the mini version, unless the rumours of it only being a starter rule set are true of course.

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » New edition already?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024