Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » Warhammer 40K - 6th Edition Rules
Warhammer 40K - 6th Edition Rules
zellakDate: Monday, 10-Oct-2011, 20:28:05 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
They have been speculating on beasts of war about the new rules changes.

Has anyone heard any rumours ?

What would you like to see change ?

Added (10-Oct-2011, 8:28 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Well i would like to see a few changes.

First of all, fielding unpainted miniatures should cost double points.

Second, allternatively moving and fighting with an entire army before the other guy gets to do anything is pants. SO eighties.

I would change the system so that each side would activate one unit at a time.

And when a unit activated it could have options like: move and fire/ fire and move / move and melee/ double move/ move and overwatch.

Thirdly ...... heavy weapons could shoot at different targets from the grunts. That was one rule that always bugged me.

Fourth......All units should be able to break off from melee....the fact they cant, makes the game far to close combat orientated for a Sci-Fi game.

I might even play WH40K again, even if just to try out these ideas.

We did have a set of rules called Imperial Battles, which used the Space Crusade combat mechanism.

Anybody think these ideas would make the game better/worse ?

On you go.....tell us what you really think. biggrin

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Friday, 04-Nov-2011, 22:38:24 | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
lol... Lets just change the rules and call it AT-43 and be damned...

or AT-45
Message edited by Banksi - Friday, 04-Nov-2011, 22:39:26

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

zellakDate: Thursday, 22-Dec-2011, 21:28:43 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Some rumours found on the web.

* The main design goals are: one book to rule them all, heroic characters, visceral combat, streamlined mechanism, cleaned up presentation and strategy before chance

* strong narrative focus on Chaos, perspective shifting from the Empire to the struggle between free races and the Warp

* the biggest rule changes:

- similar ballistic to hit chart as wound chart: compare BS to target’s speed and unit type. BS 3 hits moving infantry on 4+, but lightning fast jetbikes on 6+ and stationary tank on 2+… HUGE

- victory points are back, but with another twist: you get two victory points if an unit holds an objective for an entire game turn, if a scoring unit holds one, you get three and one if you destroy a squad leader or vehicle

- before the game there is a bidding contest for the opportunity of the first turn, if you bid more strategic points you can go first, but the enemy can spent these points on stratagems as in Cities of Death: 22 generic stratagems – for example for one point you can decide on night fighting or place an automatic gun, for four you can shift your reserves, most expensive stratagems are at 12 points and are really drastic, every unspent point can be used once a game for a reroll

- new turn sequence: prepare-movement-assault-shooting-consolidate
new phase “consolidate” phase for random movements, jetpack movements, pursuits, morale checks/effects and resolving shooting reactions
assault before shooting – big units are real roadblocks!<<

Some more examples for the development doctrines
One rulebook for all:

- flyer rules are incorporated in the main rules
- narrative rule section that expands core rules: formations, super heavies, gaining experience
- modular rules, core rules can easily be expanded by narratives rules or another expansion set
Heroic characters:
- independent characters more powerful, armour save and invulnerable save at the same time
- squad leaders more important, no more 50% rallying threshold, unit can rally as long as squad leader lives
- independent characters can snipe
More visceral combat:
- standard cover only 5+ now, Feel No Pain (1) only on 5+
- slow slogging units very vulnerable
- some weapon types are specialized in taking out specific unit types and are incredible good at doing this (sniper vs. infantry without armour), but on the other hand ordnance vs flyer isn’t going to do much
streamlined:
- no more random movement at all
- 5 general types of psychic powers
- wound allocation like 4th edition on unit basis, but attacker can chose every 5th wound to go to a single model (sniper weapon every second wound)
- artillery is normal immobile vehicle squadron, crew has no other game purpose than to be a counter for rate of fire and attacks
clean up of combusted rules:
- there are tiers for most of the special rules. Instant Death (2) circumvents Eternal Warrior (1) for example. Feel No Pain (1) is 5+, Feel No Pain (2) is 4+ and Feel No Pain (3) is 3+. If no value is given, the special rule is tier 1.
- no more difference between leadership test and morale test
- terrain rules on a single page, true line of sight, non-vehicles models are ignored altogether, rules for special terrain like bunkers, ruins or deathworld mangroves in narrative rule section
less randomness, more strategic options:
- more elaborate reserve rules, can nominate turn of arrvial and has only small change to arrive earlier or later, or can intervene behind enemy lines, arrives randomly but can hinder enemy reserves, must be distributed evenly between turn two and three, later arrivals only randomly
-no more random game length
-no roll for first turn
-deep striking units more than 18” from enemy away don’t scatter, but landing in 6” is much more dangerous
- movement impairing effects from pinning weapons even if morale check is passed (if roll is above halved Ld), Fearless not immune to this, but only effected if rolled over full Ld
- more reactions to shooting than going to the ground depending on unit type and special rules. bikes can evade (3+ cover as same as before, but cannot assault or shoot next turn), jump troops can fly high, units with Stealth can attempt to vanish, …

And unpainted units cost double points. tongue

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Thursday, 22-Dec-2011, 23:32:21 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Seen a lot of these rumors floating about, the BS is going to be a BIG change! GW did say older books will need FAQs to be made functional. glad to see the decrease in cover save!

I second unpainted models costing double points after the 13th of Febuary wink

Jeffrey222Date: Monday, 28-May-2012, 21:17:33 | Message # 5
Private
Group: Confirmed
some of the rules would make the game a lot worse

p1fxDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 15:34:51 | Message # 6
Colonel
Release date for 6th ed is out. 23/6/12. So start saving your cash now!

MorgothDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 17:40:07 | Message # 7
Major general
Quote (p1fx)
Release date for 6th ed is out. 23/6/12. So start saving your cash now!

Next year or 2012 as you've written???

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

p1fxDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 17:59:34 | Message # 8
Colonel
As written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nef_5gNkGfM

MorgothDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 18:36:51 | Message # 9
Major general
ooohhhhhh, they kept that quite the dollar-sucking-fields that they are!

Once again $$$$$ ... when will it end, pleasseeeese wargods of the battletable, whennnnnnn!
Message edited by Morgoth - Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 18:37:09

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 18:45:00 | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Rumours on BoW say that 23 / 6 / 12 will be a pre-order date.

The actual release date will be 7th July 2012.

p1fxDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 19:02:38 | Message # 11
Colonel
Aye the initial date will no doubt be for advance orders. and aye they did keep it quiet but apparently it is their remit to only give 2 weeks notice on most releases, no doubt so that folk still buy the old edition in ignorance of it being redundant in a few weeks time.

MorgothDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 19:23:36 | Message # 12
Major general
Quote (p1fx)
so that folk still buy the old edition in ignorance of it being redundant in a few weeks time.

Good point!

The evillllllll empire grows every larger, especially as I've just bought another band of Orcs & Goblins of eBay! ... Their Goblin Fanatics are pretty mental! ... Walts

pavlovDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 19:54:01 | Message # 13
Major general
Hi

no doubt so that folk still buy the old edition in ignorance of it being redundant in a few weeks time.

I hate to defend the evil empire but that's simply not true all of the stores will pull stock before release of the new book and anyone who buy's the old copy six weeks before release date from gw or another store can get a refund, this has been stated on several web sites over the past few months from past and current gw staff.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

p1fxDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 20:21:44 | Message # 14
Colonel
Yeah but that is only 6 weeks notice, you can bet before that they are still pushing the current editions on folk. Even WoTC gave 6 months notice on new versions of DnD.

Added (09-Jun-2012, 8:21 PM)
@Walter, Aye I love those fanatics too, so many fun things in a Orc or Goblin army, I was considering them myself as I fancy getting into fantasy again, but if you have them then I will rethink on that front. Did fancy Bretonia but hell those are only affordable if you win the lotto.

pavlovDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 20:27:45 | Message # 15
Major general
Hi

It's not 6 weeks notice it's a 6 week window which would allow anyone who buy's the old rules to return them. Everyone has know about the new rules for months (in fact you could almost map out the release date for 7th edition right now i.e. 5/6 years from now) the release date was the only thing not set or known, it's a bit like the yearly price rise you know it's comning just not when.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

p1fxDate: Saturday, 09-Jun-2012, 20:32:49 | Message # 16
Colonel
Yeah but the point is a new comer would not know, I did not until I read about it on the net and luckily had not bought the game at that point. It would be a bit off putting buying a game only for it to be useless a few months later.

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Wednesday, 20-Jun-2012, 19:24:47 | Message # 17
Lieutenant
Dont know if you have seen the leaked White Dwarf pictures but here, leaked Psychic table and new Rulebook editions!

http://saimhann.blogspot.co.uk/2012....nt-form

zellakDate: Friday, 29-Jun-2012, 15:56:14 | Message # 18
Generalissimo
And a very good article from someone who thinks that GW really are the EE. surprised

http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.se/2011....op.html

Very well written imho. cool

[img]http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/photo/warhammer_40000_40k/photo_1/4-0-781[/img]

How do you get pictures to work on this forum ??????

Added (29-Jun-2012, 3:56 PM)
According to some posters....it seems IG can now ally with CSM............WTF !!!

The whole basis of the IG creed is anti-Chaos, GW have lost the plot.........literally!

Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 26-Jun-2012, 17:53:59

ZealyotDate: Saturday, 30-Jun-2012, 13:53:14 | Message # 19
Lieutenant colonel
@Zellak

IG can now be allied with CSM so that you can use them as traitor guard if you want

"In brightest day,
in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power,
Green Lantern's light!"

zellakDate: Saturday, 30-Jun-2012, 16:51:03 | Message # 20
Generalissimo
Ah....now that makes more sense.

But some rules would have to be ignored......cannot imagine a CSM being "found wanting" by a Commissar. wink

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » Warhammer 40K - 6th Edition Rules
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024