Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Hoplites RPG » Hoplite Hero: Bacchus, "the Brawler" (Killer of Beastmen, Mythical Hellborn-Lizards and Rockworms!)
Hoplite Hero: Bacchus, "the Brawler"
MorgothDate: Tuesday, 17-Dec-2019, 12:09:43 | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Administrators
Hoplite Hero: Bacchus, "the Brawler"

Born the youngest of three brothers, Bacchus found family life hard growing up under the guidance of his father, a shipwright craftsman on the northern shores of the Arborea isle, one of many uninspiring islands within the vast Aegean Sea. Whilst his mother spoilt him as a child, his brothers’ jealousy made them envious of his extra milk and meal portions at the table and they tormented the young child from a very early age.

He enjoyed learning his father’s craft in shaping wood and building many sea-worthy ships, but his brothers bullied the youngster from when he could stand, and thus he would answer them with fists should they push him too far. Before long, he earned the nickname “Brawler” from both his family and those who lived in the local village.

The years passed slowly for Bacchus as he helped and learned his father’s trade. To help his son better understand the building of ships, Baccus was sent to the school of Homer, a scholar of great renown, who taught the youngster mathematics, philosophy, how to read and about the gods! Baccus enjoyed these visits away from the shipbuilding and visiting the great city of Dennos, and formed a great bond with the scholar who could see his desire to become a citizen of the empire.

But, always at the back of his mind he was forever looking forward to the day he would be able to leave this docile place and join the military ranks, as is compulsory for Arboreans when they reach the age of 18. His much older brothers had returned with scars and great stories of battles and adventures within their term times, but they returned home afterwards, happy to take up hammer and chisel, rather than fighting in bloody wars. But, for Bacchus, he swore he would never return to this boring place and would seek out adventure after serving his time within the army!

Eventually, his 18th birthday came and Bacchus was up at the crack of dawn with pack and horse, having already said his goodbyes the night before, heading off to the military camp on the outskirts of the nearby city on the island, Dennos. He soon joined the many others and began his training in earnest. Strong with the years of ship building, he took to the military life quickly and enjoyed wielding blade and throwing spear, and being ambidextrous, fighting two handed was he preferred method of battle, along with using his fists should things require a more subdued approach!

Training camp was short and before long, he was standing in the high towers that guarded the city state of Dennos. As the months went by, Bacchus wondered when the fighting would start? When would the enimies of the eastern state attack?? When would they encounter the various mythical beasts his brothers spoke of, as if it was a daily occurrence!?!?! He soon realised as the months passed that much of what he had been told was a lie and the many wounds his brothers suffered where from training accidents.

Too kill the boredom of inactivity, Bacchus would take up any and all errands to and from the city, and purchasing an able steed, which he called AtooB, he passed the years of military life any way he could, until his release. His thirst for adventure had not been diminished by the uneventful years in the military, and it just so happened that whilst in the city of Dennos, he heard about a desolate and ruined city outside their boundaries that had many treasures and wonders yet to be found…

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Thursday, 16-Jan-2020, 16:30:02 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
How does Homer come into the story ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Thursday, 16-Jan-2020, 18:07:02 | Message # 3
Major general

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

zellakDate: Thursday, 16-Jan-2020, 19:40:24 | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Member
biggrin

Added (23-Jan-2020, 09:55:03)
---------------------------------------------
What if........Bacchus' father sent him to the Scholar to learn how to read tech drawings for building ships ?

Maybe also some Maths and Philosophy ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

MorgothDate: Friday, 31-Jan-2020, 13:39:36 | Message # 5
Major general
Added Homer to my storyline! smile

Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Hoplites RPG » Hoplite Hero: Bacchus, "the Brawler" (Killer of Beastmen, Mythical Hellborn-Lizards and Rockworms!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024