Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » 1940K armies » Tau 1940K (A progression of rules for using Tau for Bolt Action)
Tau 1940K
CRUSAD3RDate: Sunday, 21-Jul-2013, 21:29:42 | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Member
Hello folks,

I have attached below a first draft of the Tau rules for Bolt Action. I will need to go more in depth with the units so that it will be an easy format to then make an army out of. Also a quick question, what do we do about close combat weapons that give big benefits, like Aun'shi's power sword.
And the only special rules I have taken into consideration are supporting fire and the bonding knife ritual. Let me know what to tweak before the next draft. Please remember this is a DRAFT, so if there are any upset tummies please aim for the reply box and make sure it's clean! I want no rants on my forum thread. Every dispute will be resolved fairly and swiftly. Ha, you would think I hadn't been on the forum before with the way I'm acting!

Rory
Attachments: Tau_Rules_for_B.xls (19.5 Kb)
Message edited by CRUSAD3R - Sunday, 21-Jul-2013, 21:43:16

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

zellakDate: Sunday, 21-Jul-2013, 23:26:42 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Nice job. biggrin

a few thoughts.............

Perhaps the Crisis Battlesuits should be harder to kill ?

Soft Vehicle, killed on a 6+ ( ??? )

Also.............This might work for Terminators as well ??? smile

Another minor point.

Pulse rifles = Assault rifles

Firewarriors are the core trooptype of the Tau,
and the thing that makes them so different from other armies is that they have such a fearsome penetration ability.
To compensate for this in 40K, Firewarriors have no squad heavy weapon.
If we remove the high penetration ability ....will they still be accurate to the fluff, and play the same ?

Okay, maybe not that minor. tongue

Added (21-Jul-2013, 10:26 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Maybe we should amend the rules ?

Soft vehicle / Battlesuits ....destroyed on a 6+
Message edited by zellak - Sunday, 21-Jul-2013, 23:29:10

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BanksiDate: Monday, 22-Jul-2013, 17:53:07 | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Administrators
Yes, Great work on the Tau list, As soon as we have a few completed lists I think a round the table discussion to iron out any issues would be a good idea.

Of course I know your name, it's your face I can't remember - Parahandy

CRUSAD3RDate: Wednesday, 24-Jul-2013, 20:06:28 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Hello Folks,

Okay so here is a second Draft of the 1940K Tau Codex. I still have to think about some of the special rules as now I am delving deeper and deeper into the universal special rules (rules used by everyone not just the Tau), so if you take a quick read of it and tell me what you think, whether to stop or continue on and see where it goes from there. I also have to double check all the units and wargear to make sure they make sense and there are no errors and maybe simplify some of their special rules, incase there is a Bolt Action equivalent in a rule book that I have missed, or if you know of a rule let me know so I can look it up. So same again, if you see anything you don't like with the units or wargear, let me know. But if you disagree with the special rules the please leave it till Sunday and right them down in a notebook and not on the forum, we will sort it out either soon or with everyone else, but if you have a pointer towards what the rule could be in BOLT ACTION then please let me know. Thanks,

Rory

PS This is a lot of reading, so please pace yourselves and don't rush through it. Thanks again!

EDIT: After Banksi's comment on what is meant to be done, I am going to do what I was initially going to do, which is all UNIT special rules for the 40K units will only be Bolt Action Rules, this way all units will be the same in each army. If the 40K rule doesn't match the Bolt Action one, then it gets discarded for that unit. The only rules which can stay are Army special rules and some of the non-weaponry wargear which will be adapted by the player writing the rules and confirmed by all parties involved, which will then collectively be used by other players, for example, move through cover: ignores movement penalties, used for all armies. I am not doing any further work on the Tau over the next couple of days as I feel we should all have a sit down talk over this at some point so that no one, like me, is led astray and does their own thing and realises they have wasted their time and energy with it. Thanks,

Rory
Attachments: Tau_Rules_for_B.xls (81.0 Kb)
Message edited by CRUSAD3R - Thursday, 25-Jul-2013, 10:40:34

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

zellakDate: Saturday, 27-Jul-2013, 10:57:59 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
I am not doing any further work on the Tau over the next couple of days as I feel we should all have a sit down talk over this at some point so that no one, like me, is led astray and does their own thing and realises they have wasted their time and energy

Good idea.

Thats a fine piece of work btw. smile

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Talking about Banksi's thread......

Are we all on the same page and want the same thing ?

Some people may not want to change a single thing in the rules, and shoehorn the Codex lists into the BA rules.

Others may be happy to invent a few rules to cover things which are not WW2 specific,

(Battlesuits, flying transports, teleporters and missile systems come to mind. ) surprised

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

pavlovDate: Saturday, 27-Jul-2013, 14:01:53 | Message # 6
Major general
Hi

I agree with Rory and Hugh about this we need to find out where everyone wants to go with this, me I want b/a 40k not 40k with b/a activation.

I do agree that some of the rules for stuff in the 40k world will need to be invented, with that thought in mind her go's hehaw.

Battle suits/ terminator armour armour class 6/7 same as jeeps and light armoured cars

Teleporting/ drop pods use flanking rules as per scouts and/or scatter dice

Flying transports could be as simple as 24 inch move 1 90 degreee turn ignoring terrain other than tall buildings cannot disembark within X range of opponents force (otherwise your opponent could rush the transport and wipe it out )

The one thing I do want from this is the ability to use stuff that the EE have removed from the game for each army i.e. chaos land speeders chaos drop pods all the stuff we used to be able to play in rogue trader.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

Forum » 1940K - EE be damned » 1940K armies » Tau 1940K (A progression of rules for using Tau for Bolt Action)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024