Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - General » Intrepid : Mission 1 (Traveller TNE)
Intrepid : Mission 1
zellakDate: Sunday, 16-Nov-2014, 19:44:43 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
Played the first mission today. smile

cast
Crewman Ryan Richards ( Security )
Ensign Dieter van Pelt ( Science )

The Crew attended a farewell gathering at the Biggar City Airport, this was attended by many dignataries, speeches were made by the acting Captain Troy McTaggart and a number of High Councillors. The crew then left on shuttles to board the Intrepid.

After dropping off Jeff Draper Deputy Minister for Manufacturing at the asteroid belt, the crew encountered a number of minor technical difficulties before making the Jump to Golara. The Intrepid encountered a Droid scout ship which was quickly destroyed by some fine shooting from Ryan Richards, Dieter Van Pelt achieved the Sensors lock on.

The Intrepid then encountered a friendly ship, a heavily battle damaged Destroyer which identified itself as a Therian Collective defense gunboat.
The crew were then invited to meet "General" Omega 0001 Achilles on the planet Thera ( formerly known as Golara ).

The Therians explained that their fleet had been mostly destroyed by a rogue "Vampire" battleship.
And they knew their Droid enemy would soon launch an attack fleet, which would wipe out their civilisation, (and the human population which lives on a continent on the Equator. )

Acting Captain Troy McTaggart then made a bold decision, asking for volunteers from the collective....76 volunteers were uploaded into a virus bomb.
The Intrepid then Jumped to Hellas , home of the Demon-droids and, a three man team, flying in at low level on a shuttle, infiltrated the Droid HQ and made their Cyber attack.

This was successful, though a volunteer Therian Soldier was killed on the mission.
Richards and Van Pelt were the other two volunteers, and will be mentioned in despatches for this very dangerous escapade.
The Cyber assault took control of the HQ, a battle took place in space as the Fleet was given orders to launch its attack on Thera, but some of the fleet was ordered to attack their fellow Droids !
The Droid fleet destroyed itself.

Hellas is now under the control of the Therian Cyber Warriors.

The Intrepid returned to Thera to pass on news of the victory. Then back to Fortuna for a debrief.

Another mission is in the planning stages to Thera. ( trade and diplomatic )
The Therians seem very interested in acquiring Jump Drive Technology in exchange for their superior Nanotechnology.

Mission Accomplished.

Richards now upgraded to Ensign.
Van Pelt now upgraded to Lieutenant.
McTaggart now upgraded to Captain.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 17-Nov-2014, 11:55:16

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Monday, 17-Nov-2014, 11:26:38 | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Phew, sounds exciting. Wish I'd been there wink . Haven't I heard of the Therians before somewhere smile ?

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

zellakDate: Monday, 17-Nov-2014, 11:58:17 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Dont miss the next one !!! wink

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

CheDate: Friday, 21-Nov-2014, 21:30:57 | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Quote zellak ()
The Therians seem very interested in acquiring Jump Drive Technology in exchange for their superior Nanotechnology.

I wonder why? surprised

Wargamers like to paint their privates!!

Forum » Roleplay Discussions » Roleplay - General » Intrepid : Mission 1 (Traveller TNE)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024