Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer Fantasy » Warhammer Fantasy - General » Size Matters!? - Warhammer Orcs "a la Mantic" (Anyone got Mantic Orcs!?)
Size Matters!? - Warhammer Orcs "a la Mantic"
BalrogDate: Monday, 07-May-2012, 21:01:02 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Clubbers ... I wonder if any of you guys have bought any of the Mantic Orcs ...

>>> http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kings-of-War/Orcs.html

... and done a comparison in size to ("The Evil Ones!") GW - Warhammer Fantasy Orcs?

I've got the bulk of Gobbo's I needed from young Aidan and just need a few squads of Orcs to finish of my Orcs & Goblins army, so any advice appreciated. Would they look OK as Black/Savage Orcs, do the "heroes" match up, etc?

I personally luv the look of the Mantic Orcs, as well as the brilliant price, so would look to use them in WHF as well as Kings of War if the size of the GW & Mantic Orcs matched ... Thanks, Walts

pavlovDate: Monday, 07-May-2012, 21:47:42 | Message # 2
Major general
Hi Walter

The mantic orcs look taller but due to style rather than actual size, a bit more like lotr orcs in style but chunkier to fit with warhammer. Still they were potential proxy figures for Aidan when we went looking for orcs.

You should wait till Wappinshaw you might get a deal on the mantic stuff or pick up some second hand stuff at the bring and buy, you could use lotr orcs till then.

Alan

There is f&*k all cool about 10+ civil engineers running around every battlefield

BalrogDate: Tuesday, 08-May-2012, 22:55:47 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi Alan ... Yeah, I have been playing with my LoTr models as proxy's for my Orcs & Goblins the last handful of games as I get used to the army/rules, but they do look "out-of-place" on the WHFB table. Their just not wacky/grotesque enough, which is what I've always liked about the WHFB style! The wackier the better is the order of the day for WHFB ... luv it! Do you actually have some Mantic Orcs? I know Ross has his Mantic Zombies which he brought in a while back. They certainly fit the "wacky" mold and the Orcs look pretty impressive as well! Would be nice to physically see some beside the Orc unit I have ... anyone?

Note sure if I'll make it to the Wap show, more to do with my legs having the stamina to wander around for the day, but it might be worth a quick visit? I'll see how I feel nearer the time. I'm not familier with the place and I worry about getting good/close parking ... Walts

Forum » Warhammer Fantasy » Warhammer Fantasy - General » Size Matters!? - Warhammer Orcs "a la Mantic" (Anyone got Mantic Orcs!?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024