Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Club Blurb » 1200 point Maelstrom tournament ( 7th edition )
1200 point Maelstrom tournament ( 7th edition )
zellakDate: Monday, 04-Aug-2014, 18:30:15 | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Member
In answer to the invisible guy.

Better to talk things over on here rather than on the Main Message page.

Added (04-Aug-2014, 5:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
If people dont have an painted army, they could borrow one..... surprised

Alternatively, we could have unpainted units points cost as normal, but for each unpainted unit that is destroyed the opponent gets 1 extra victory point.

This would mean as each player paints up a unit it would lose the disadvantage. ( giving people an incentive to complete their army smile )

The tournament will use Dawn of War deployment, Maelstrom of War, Cleanse and Control. Terrain to be set by the Umpire.

The number of games to be played will depend on the number of players, at the moment we have 3... Steven, Iain and Jamie.

I will need your army lists by Sunday the 24th August, so i can check them, and we could play the first game on the following week.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 04-Aug-2014, 18:31:27

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

TheInvisibleGuyDate: Tuesday, 05-Aug-2014, 04:34:59 | Message # 2
Private
Unfortunately two people with Unpainted Armies (I.e. Craig MacDonald & Craig McClymont) will remain unable to paint their armies in time. I doubt that there is an Eldar Army that one of the Clubs members own that Craig McClymont would be able to borrow, i may be wrong but as far as i know there isn't. Also this may be the case for Craig MacDonald as i am not aware of a Chaos army that he would be able to borrow. Although it is more likely that there is a Chaos Army available to borrow i am yet still unware of it. For the two Craigs to borrow an Army of a race they do not play would be equally unfair. Craig McClymont has already stated that he will not be playing if there is a certain rule against having unpainted armys as he is indeed currently painting his army but will not be finished in time for the Tournament. He has expressed his interest in playing but doesn't want a disadvantage due to the lack of time to paint an army up. In the interests of making the tournament available to more members (making it better too as there will be more people to play against) it would be kind if you were to remove the rule or any rule assosiated with shunning unpainted armies. - Jamie

zellakDate: Tuesday, 05-Aug-2014, 17:01:24 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Quote TheInvisibleGuy ()
I doubt that there is an Eldar Army that one of the Clubs members own that Craig McClymont would be able to borrow, i may be wrong but as far as i know there isn't. Also this may be the case for Craig MacDonald as i am not aware of a Chaos army that he would be able to borrow. Although it is more likely that there is a Chaos Army available to borrow i am yet still unware of it.

i have a chaos army of 1200 points....all proxies.....which i would lend.

Kieran has a Dark Eldar army and Banksi has an Eldar army....you can ask, they can only say no....or proxy using the clubs AT-43 armies ?

Quote TheInvisibleGuy ()
Craig McClymont has already stated that he will not be playing if there is a certain rule against having unpainted armys as he is indeed currently painting his army but will not be finished in time for the Tournament. He has expressed his interest in playing but doesn't want a disadvantage due to the lack of time to paint an army up.

If we wait until everyone paints their army we may never get started.

GW tournament rules are that there should be at least a minimum of 3 colours for miniatures to be allowed entry.

He is not at a disadvantage due to a lack of time to paint his army, he will be at a disadvantage because he does not have a painted army and wishes to inflict other players with unpainted models on the table.
As Umpire i would bend the rules so that there is a small disadvantage for unpainted models so as to keep them to a minimum....painted proxies would be better.

Quote TheInvisibleGuy ()
In the interests of making the tournament available to more members

If we get one more player, then that would be enough for a small tournament.

Keir, Kieran or Aiden might want to take part....all have painted armies.

We could then use the results of that tourney to set up a challenge league and the others could join in as they get their armies painted. smile

Added (05-Aug-2014, 4:01 PM)
ps. here is a link to a game similar to what we will play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....oMwZCnw

Message edited by zellak - Tuesday, 05-Aug-2014, 16:51:38

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

TheInvisibleGuyDate: Friday, 08-Aug-2014, 19:06:42 | Message # 4
Private
Assuming that you have to have a model painted with 3 colors base. Is there any improvement in using random models that don't even look the same as said model you are trying to proxy in. I mean, just feels stupid that you have to paint everything up but can still proxy. And when we do (if we do) get a 4th member, let me know. I can tell you have already made your mind up on 3 colors, even for a tournament purely for fun.

zellakDate: Friday, 08-Aug-2014, 20:03:22 | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote TheInvisibleGuy ()
I can tell you have already made your mind up on 3 colors, even for a tournament purely for fun.

I really dislike games played with unpainted miniatures....its amateur, childish and shows the club in a very poor light to anyone from other clubs who might visit.

GW miniatures are not cheap, why would people buy and then not paint them ?

Normally when a non 40K player uses unpainted models, because they are new, he will apologize for fielding unpainted models.

However some 40k players seem to think it is normal to field unpainted models !

Wargaming is a very visual hobby, good terrain and painted models inspire our imaginations, and make the game more fun.

GW has the 3 colour rule for a reason.

Quote TheInvisibleGuy ()
And when we do (if we do) get a 4th member, let me know.

Of course.

And then i said before.... we could use the wee tourney as a start point for a challenge league...

And the others will have time to paint their armies and join in. smile

Added (08-Aug-2014, 7:03 PM)
ps...you guys played the "deny the witch" rule wrong on Sunday.

When you DtW, you must equal the number of successes that the spell caster got.

So if the caster rolls 4 successes ; to DtW you will have to roll 4 sixes....not just enough sixes to reduce the casters successes to below that which is needed to manifest the spell.

TheInvisibleGuyDate: Friday, 08-Aug-2014, 20:23:50 | Message # 6
Private
That call was made by Iain. I touch the Psychic phase rules as often as Irn Bru comes out my arse. I just agreed as it sounded plausable and logical. Also yes, 40k models look very good when painted and the ridiculous return you can get on them makes it worth while to paint. I have as you know painted my Models but just feel that an injustice is being delt to the two Craig's and Iain. They will paint their things in time..

zellakDate: Sunday, 24-Aug-2014, 23:16:17 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
All the army lists are in and checked....

War on. happy

Tau versus Dark Angels next week......with Chaos Space Marines and Iron Hands waiting in the wings.

TheInvisibleGuyDate: Sunday, 24-Aug-2014, 23:20:36 | Message # 8
Private
zellak, I have a couple of adjustments to make to my army list.I will PM you tomorrow with all changes. Sorry that I wasn't able to do it today. I've not been able to spare any time due to unforseen things popping up. cool
Message edited by TheInvisibleGuy - Monday, 25-Aug-2014, 01:46:42

zellakDate: Monday, 10-Nov-2014, 16:38:03 | Message # 9
Generalissimo
All the army lists are in and checked.

All games are;
Dawn of War deployment.
Maelstrom of War
Mission 1; Cleanse and Control

There are 6 games to be played, the player with the best points differential over 3 games will be the winner.

The games to be played, in no particular order.

Game 1; Tau versus Dark Angels.

Game 2; Tau versus Iron Hands.

Game 3; Tau versus Chaos.

Game 4; Dark Angels versus Iron Hands.

Game 5; Dark Angels versus Chaos.

Game 6; Iron Hands versus Chaos.

Added (14-Sep-2014, 6:25 PM)
Game 1; Tau (7) versus Dark Angels. (11)

One down five to go..... dry

Added (05-Oct-2014, 5:28 PM)
Game 2; Tau (8) versus Iron Hands. (5)

Added (10-Nov-2014, 3:38 PM)
Game 3 ; Iron Hands ( 11 ) versus Dark Angels ( 9 )

3 Games Played

Craig is switching to his Eldar for the Tourney as he now has enough stuff painted.

Leaderboard

Steven ( Dark Angels ) 20 points ... 1 game to play

Iain ( Iron Hands ) 16 points ....1 game to play

Jamie ( Tau ) 15 points ....1 game to play.

Craig ( Eldar ) 0 points.....3 games to play.
Message edited by zellak - Monday, 10-Nov-2014, 16:39:36

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Club Blurb » 1200 point Maelstrom tournament ( 7th edition )
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024