Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Club Blurb » 40K Tournament Poster - Draft Idea? (Just a draft to get the ideas flowing!)
40K Tournament Poster - Draft Idea?
BalrogDate: Wednesday, 22-Feb-2012, 00:32:00 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... I've made a mock-up of a 40K Tourney poster for you, as an idea of what can be done for the upcoming event. As with all these things, the draft can be totally re-vamped when u have a better idea of what amount of blurb u want in the poster, all the relevant details for the event and a background image u would like to use. Here's the draft ...

... Everythings to do with content and layout, so give it some thought and let me know when u need me.

Looking forward to the big day @ 40K Tourney Skool!... Walts

CRUSAD3RDate: Wednesday, 22-Feb-2012, 21:32:35 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
hi Waltz,

Isn't that a gameswrokshop pic? If so are you sure they would be happy for you using it? Anyway, concerning the pic, don't u think u should put a club pic on the poster, like members models etc biggrin . I think the text is just the right amount. Apart from that, can anyone else think of anything?? wacko

CRUZ

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

zellakDate: Wednesday, 22-Feb-2012, 21:48:06 | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
Isn't that a gameswrokshop pic? If so are you sure they would be happy for you using it?

Total agreement.

Messing with the Evil Empire can be dangerous.

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Wednesday, 22-Feb-2012, 23:20:22 | Message # 4
Aun Va III
Not really sure who's the pic is if I was to be honest. If I get any complaints, I'll be more than happy to remove it.

As we're not a corporation or money making business, I'm not worried. I've been "borrowing" corp images for 15 years and using them on freelance customers websites with no problems. If we defaced their image or slandered their company I would be worried (z ... I hope ur reading this!), but we're promoting their business, and game. If someone doesn't even like the picture, then I would bin it, but it's just a test run to get everyone interested or come up with alternatives, like u've said! A picture of some clubbers 40k models having a mock battle could be used. Something to put on the "think-pile" for now,

Thanks, Walts

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Friday, 24-Feb-2012, 13:56:43 | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Good work! I do have the same quiery about everyone else, im pretty sure we cant use the GW pictures. However I dont think we will end up in court for using their picture for a club campaign either! Looking great though its that kinda thing we need

zellakDate: Friday, 24-Feb-2012, 16:23:47 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Quote (Balrog)
Not really sure who's the pic is if I was to be honest.

Its from the 40K computer game. i think ?

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

BalrogDate: Saturday, 25-Feb-2012, 01:13:41 | Message # 7
Aun Va III
Quote (JamieCraftworldMaiden)
Good work! I do have the same quiery about everyone else, im pretty sure we cant use the GW pictures. However I dont think we will end up in court for using their picture for a club campaign either! Looking great though its that kinda thing we need

I'll have a look at eMailing GW about using their images in a 40k Tourney poster and see what comes back. I've not visited a GW store in a loooooooonnnngggggg time, so maybe one of u guys could ask in store if ur passing? I doubt a manager will be helpful and will more than likely say no to cover his "butt", but their can't be any harm in asking. I'll do some hunting for a contact eMail address and see what crops up.

Ideally, if we could get someone who's a graphical artist that's done a 40k picture that we can use, that would be best, but until then I'll keep "borrowing" online ... Walts

p1fxDate: Thursday, 31-May-2012, 20:32:48 | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
I would not have thought they would take action for a club poster.

Looks ok, like the feathering (faded edge) on the pic or did it come like that?

Remember to leave a 2mm bleed so that when you print you avoid a white edge round the page

CRUSAD3RDate: Friday, 01-Jun-2012, 09:55:21 | Message # 9
Lieutenant
The tournament is sitting on the outskirts at the moment, with so many new people arriving and other games being played it has kinda 'gone to pot' unfortunately, But thanks for your input, I am sure it will come in handy if the tournament does pick up again. smile

Cruz

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

p1fxDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 16:36:53 | Message # 10
Colonel
Shame the tournament plans have stalled, I quite fancied it and was planning on dragging down another couple of interested parties who have just got into 40k

Added (31-Jul-2012, 4:36 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Any chance of resurrecting this idea?

CRUSAD3RDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 16:48:15 | Message # 11
Lieutenant
Maybe, only if we get enough to do it and once everyone is familiar with the new rules, who knows? My guess is no, it will not be resurected.

Cruz

MorgothDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 22:03:32 | Message # 12
Major general
Group: Administrators
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
Maybe, only if we get enough to do it and once everyone is familiar with the new rules, who knows? My guess is no, it will not be resurected.

Cruz

... awwww ... and there I made up a pretty poster sad ...

"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"

p1fxDate: Saturday, 04-Aug-2012, 06:00:03 | Message # 13
Colonel
If a tournament is out the window, then would folk perhaps be interested in a campaign (taking in other versions of 40k like zone mortalis) or a league? a campaign need not be one that has to be played every week but more of a loose storyline with a tree progression system.

CRUSAD3RDate: Saturday, 04-Aug-2012, 15:25:37 | Message # 14
Lieutenant
Campaigns are risky in our club, especially when you start to mess around with different rule sytsems that are unfamiliar to so many. Campaigns/tournaments ect only last when there is one person in charge and they are the only ones who call the shots (it is also better if they don't play). Also it is a lot of work trying to write up a campaign and make sure no one cheats. Would you be interested in coming to the club if we ran something like this? Do you know of any pre-made scenarios that you would recommend? Thanks,

Cruz

p1fxDate: Saturday, 04-Aug-2012, 17:29:16 | Message # 15
Colonel
The club seems to have managed campaigns in the past, for AT 43 etc. Most of the other clubs I know of that regularly run such things tend to just decide on a set of rules etc and put that all into a campaign pack (eg, no named characters, no allies etc) so it is clear to all players. As for actual rule sets, the variations like ZM are not very different from the core 40k rules.

Yeah though something like this would interest me, and a few others too no doubt. And you don't really need to go too far into it, even just a pair of players can add some narrative to a string of games between their armies just to add a bit of colour. Just depends on how much depth etc you want to have.

As for published stuff, if you have access to the 4th edition rulebook that was quite useful for campaigns, then you have things like the imperial armour books which offer campaigns such as the Badab war or the forth coming Horus Heresy (which you could also play through using the old board game) Then there are some useful websites like this one;

http://goingoncampaign.blogspot.co.uk/2011....eb.html

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Club Blurb » 40K Tournament Poster - Draft Idea? (Just a draft to get the ideas flowing!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024