Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Armies » Walts Tau'sers! (Some pictures of my Tau Empire faction!)
Walts Tau'sers!
BalrogDate: Friday, 17-Feb-2012, 20:31:11 | Message # 1
Aun Va III
Group: Member
Hi Guys ... Finally got round to getting my Tau Empire pictures off the camera! Look how pretty they are ...

Fire Warriors - Elites

Ethereal, Drones, Fire Warriors & Stealth Suits

Ethereal & Vespid

Kroot & Battlesuit

"Frost" Warriors & Battlesuit!

Stealth Suits & Drones

Fire Warriors & Piranha Support

Ethereal & Battlesuit Squad

Ethereal, Pathfinders & Hammerhead

Broadside & Drones

... Thanks for looking! ... Walts

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Friday, 17-Feb-2012, 22:52:47 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Love the Frost Fire Warriors, thinking of a snow cammo for my own when I finally get round to them! I also like the forge world battlesuit hidden among the kroot
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Friday, 24-Feb-2012, 13:55:08

BalrogDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 00:52:30 | Message # 3
Aun Va III
Hi Jamie ... Yeah, the Tau codex has the "Fire" Warriors down as Bork'An Sept ... and a link to GW's site ...

>>> http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4400038a

... the white's pretty cool, but odd for any war-faction!

As too the forgeworld VX89 Battlesuits, I've got four ... two in their bags, one half painted and the one in the picture. I can't find any stats for them? Do u have (or know anyone) with a PDF of the stats & abilities? ... Thanks, Walts

CRUSAD3RDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 13:25:46 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Very Nice! The Bork'an sept is very similar to my made up colour scheme, i had a look at the link and i have decided on painting up my sniper drone team as the one in the painting guide. Good Post!

Cruz cool

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

gerrywithaGDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 16:27:09 | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Confirmed
Hi Walts,
Got this from the FORGE WORLD Site from their rules update for TAU dated Feb 2012. Hope that helps

Cheers

Gerry

Tau Commander (Shas’el, Shas’o) Battlesuit variants POINTS: See below*
The highest ranks of the Fire caste, the Shas’o and Shas’els, are often used to test the most advanced equipment produced by the Tau Empire’s ingenious Earth caste designers before it is issued to the soldiers of the Greater Good. Many of the legends surrounding the greatest of the Tau Empire’s warriors are built on the back of the advanced wargear they used in their battles.
*A Tau Shas’o or Shas’el selected as a HQ choice in a Tau Empire army may upgrade his Tau XV8 Battlesuit to one of the following:
• XV81 Battlesuit................................................................+20 points
• XV84 Battlesuit................................................................+15 points
• XV89 Battlesuit................................................................+25 points
XV81 Battlesuit: Includes a shoulder-mounted Smart Missile system. Two hard-point weapon systems must also be selected from the Tau armoury (see page 25 of the Tau Empire codex).
XV84 Battlesuit: Includes a Markerlight and Target Lock. Three hard-point weapon systems must also be selected from the Tau armoury (see page 25 of the Tau Empire codex).
XV89 Battlesuit: Increases the Battlesuit’s armour save to 2+, but all moves made during the Assault phase using the Jet Pack rule are at D6" instead of 6". Three hard-point weapon systems must also be selected from the Tau armoury (see page 25 of the Tau Empire codex).

And I am watching YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

BalrogDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 18:16:15 | Message # 6
Aun Va III
Hi Gerry ... Thanks for that!

Strangely enough, it was Forge World I went too in the hunt for some VX89 codex, but nothing comes up when u search their site with the "VX89" phrase? Do they have a "downloads" section hidden deep in their vaults?

Thanks again, Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 18:28:34 | Message # 7
Major general
Quote (Balrog)
Strangely enough, it was Forge World I went too in the hunt for some VX89 codex, but nothing comes up when u search their site with the "VX89" phrase? Do they have a "downloads" section hidden deep in their vaults?

Hi Walts,

You need to go to the home page and the downloads page is linked from there. Bear in mind that your opponent needs to agree with allowing them if you're playing using the codex as the basis for your army. Don't think that'll be a problem in a pickup game but probably would be in a tournament or campaign game unless agreed

Cheers

Gerry

BalrogDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 18:50:41 | Message # 8
Aun Va III
I can't find the downloads section anywhere? blink fie blink ... Do u need to be registered with them to see the downloads section? Please heeelpppp! ... Walts

gerrywithaGDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 18:59:28 | Message # 9
Major general
Hi Walts,

Halfway down righthandside of Home page, Or here's the link

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Downloads.html

Cheers

Gerry

BalrogDate: Monday, 20-Feb-2012, 21:16:57 | Message # 10
Aun Va III
Thanks for that Gerry! I'd seen the Facebook logo and didn't bother to read the rest of that section.

Seems the "general" rule-of-thumb is that Forge World don't get factored into competitions & tourneys, so I'll most likely field my bad boys as "pretty" looking VX88, and AT-43 Striders cool ... Walts

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - Armies » Walts Tau'sers! (Some pictures of my Tau Empire faction!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024