Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » New Tau Empire? (Possible sign of things to come)
New Tau Empire?
JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 22:15:14 | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Member
During my trip to Warhammer World I was in the minitures gallary and I noticed that the majoirty of the Tau models were missing with a note left informing us that:

Sorry about the quality, meant to bring my camera but I forgot it! sad
"These Minatures are on campaign or being used for photography. You may see them soon in an article in White Dwarf or on www.games-workshop.com."

This leaves the following questions:

If they are on a campaign, possible test for new codex?
If they are being used for photography, what for? New codex, book etc..

I asked GW staff and the response I got was "I dont know either we will soon find out...."

Your thoughts? Cheers, Jamie
Attachments: 1493994.jpg (61.3 Kb)

CRUSAD3RDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 17:43:01 | Message # 2
Lieutenant
I have been looking online and researching about the knew codex. There are alot of rumours going around just now but i think they are just a bit of wish listing. But things that have been confirmed are that there will be a new transport ship avalaible to the Tau, it will hold a large number of firewarriors and a few battlesuits. There will also be a new version of the piranha called the Assault skimmer, it will be between the size of a piranha and a Hammerhead. And there will be new weapons to choose from that focus in more on the advanced technology that the Tau should have. biggrin But of course there are a number of un answered rumors like will the kroot have an extra unit choice, see below, and will they be upgrading the battlesuits?

Attachments: 5910694.png (74.8 Kb) · 2059748.png (48.1 Kb)
Message edited by CRUSAD3R - Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 17:44:29

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 20:37:54 | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Quote (CRUSAD3R)
I have been looking online and researching about the knew codex. There are alot of rumours going around just now but i think they are just a bit of wish listing.

Agree alot of the rumors arent true anyway or just based on acurate guesses, Eg Eldar getting new jetbikes since everyone else is getting new jetbikes....

Quote (CRUSAD3R)
But things that have been confirmed are that there will be a new transport ship avalaible to the Tau, it will hold a large number of firewarriors and a few battlesuits. There will also be a new version of the piranha called the Assault skimmer, it will be between the size of a piranha and a Hammerhead. And there will be new weapons to choose from that focus in more on the advanced technology that the Tau should have. biggrin But of course there are a number of un answered rumors like will the kroot have an extra unit choice, see below, and will they be upgrading the battlesuits?

Do you have any sources for the that information, if so it would be great cheers! Jamie
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:24:46

CRUSAD3RDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 23:07:41 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
I found a blog website written by a guy who has a source in games workshop that is leaking true info. But as you can see the new stuff isn't that great anyway so it is most likely to be true. I can't remember the website but i will try and find it at some point during the week. biggrin

EDIT: The assault skimmer will give you an assault on disembark rule aswell, so does that mean more fighting power?
Message edited by CRUSAD3R - Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 23:09:26

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 23:13:33 | Message # 5
Lieutenant
I'll have a look for it online

Quote (CRUSAD3R)
EDIT: The assault skimmer will give you an assault on disembark rule aswell, so does that mean more fighting power?

Well unless you want to send in your Fire Warriors into combat, I doubt this would be very useful. However in my game I played against Curtis last week a squad of 12 Fire Warriors beat Scarab Swarms in close combat without losing a casualty! It could have potential for Kroot however, some Tau players at current take a squad of 10 Kroot with 2 Krootox and put it in a Devilfish and send it towards the enemy for lots of rapid fire shots. I never seen it being terribly effective though.
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:24:58

EtriganDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 23:28:23 | Message # 6
Sergeant
if it is new models, codex etc. probaly time to start buying up the battleforce before they cut it in half and up the price dry

“ Yarva Demonicus Etrigan.
Change, change the form of man.
Free the prince forever damned.
Free the might from fleshy mire.
Boil the blood in heart of fire.
Gone, gone the form of man,
Rise the demon Etrigan!

JamieCraftworldMaidenDate: Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:24:10 | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Quote (Etrigan)
if it is new models, codex etc. probaly time to start buying up the battleforce before they cut it in half and up the price dry

I considered this aswell, however I have a strong feeling the Battlesuit kits will change. The current kit is a bit dodgey. I bought a few of them a while back and most of them were "bad casts" and the feet tend to break off at best if their not put in using a flying stand or brass rod.
Message edited by JamieCraftworldMaiden - Tuesday, 21-Feb-2012, 22:25:12

kaimarionDate: Wednesday, 22-Feb-2012, 11:32:51 | Message # 8
Sergeant
I wouldn't expect a new codex at least until 2013.
I would also ignore just about all current rumours until we are within a couple months of the predicted release.

CRUSAD3RDate: Saturday, 06-Apr-2013, 14:27:30 | Message # 9
Lieutenant
Hello one and all, Faeit 212 has posted a first look video of the new tau empire codex, and it looks really good!

First look at Tau

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40K - News & Gossip » New Tau Empire? (Possible sign of things to come)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024