Home
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40k - General » Need help building a army list
Need help building a army list
p1fxDate: Friday, 01-Jun-2012, 20:41:00 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Confirmed
Hello, I have a small collection of Marine stuff but am a bit clueless with building a decent list, anyone able and willing to give some constructive advice?

zellakDate: Friday, 01-Jun-2012, 21:53:47 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Member
If you give a list of stuff you have.

I'm sure that would help our 40K guys point you in the right direction. smile

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Friday, 01-Jun-2012, 22:27:45 | Message # 3
Colonel
Well was waiting to see if anyone was willing to help before listing all the stuff I have. But will stick up a list asap

Added (01-Jun-2012, 10:23 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Chapter master (well captain from black reach but I like it enough to use as my chapter master lol)

Captain, power fist and plas pistol

Captain, Power fist and bolt pistol

Terminator Librarian with storm sheild and force axe

Chaplain on bike

Command squad, standard, champion, medic, power fist and bolt pistol, plasma gun

tactical squad , flamer and missile launcher ( spare multi melta or las cannon that can swap with ML)
Tactical squad, flamer and ML, serge with power fist,(spare heavy weapons as above)
RT era Tatical squad, flamer and ML, serge with power fist
RT era Tactical squad, flamer and ML, serge with power fist

scout sniper squad, 5 in total inc heavy bolter
scout bolter squad, 5 in total inc heavy bolter
scout pistol and knive squad, 6 in total inc heavy bolter

dreadnought with las cannons and missile launcher
dreadnought with assault cannon and ccw (also have multi melta arm)

10 man devastator squad, 4 las cannons
10 man devastator squad, 4 plasma cannons
5 man devastator squad, 4 heavy bolters

5 man assault squad with jump packs
RT era 10 man assault squad, non jump pack (RHINO BASED SQUAD)

5 MAN STERNGUARD SQUAD, PLASMA GUN, MELTA GUN

6 man Terminator squad, cyclon missile launcher
6 man Terminator squad, heavy flamer (Assault cannon on way)

3 man bike squad, plasma guns, with heavy bolter attack bike
4 man bike squad, melta guns, attack bike with multi melta

2 landspeeders with multi meltas and heavy flamers

RT era rhino with dozer blade and extra storm bolter
Rhino

oh and some more terminators of the newer size and a couple of spare sergeants/veterens

Added (01-Jun-2012, 10:27 PM)
Oh and a Techmarine

CRUSAD3RDate: Saturday, 02-Jun-2012, 08:28:24 | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Hi P1fx,

I am probably the longest living marine player at the club so I will try and work an army list that will be simple and effective for your first time games, and then you can tweek it from there to suit your personal needs. Will post it up later as I am going to Wappinshaw soon. smile

Cruz

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

p1fxDate: Saturday, 02-Jun-2012, 14:26:41 | Message # 5
Colonel
Cheers, I have made a few lists as I have been playing via vassal, with mixed results. Did ok last time against some Eldar. Not really played much of this edition though, and waiting on the new one before buying the rules properly, the last 40k edition I owned was Rogue Trader many moons ago, hence the age of some of the Marines.

Thanks for helping

zellakDate: Saturday, 02-Jun-2012, 20:58:32 | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Looks more than a small collection. tongue

Is it a real army ? By that i mean .....are they all painted ? (What chapter ???)

Or just a collection of unpainted miniatures.

I notice you have no tanks ie. landraider/predator.

4th and 5th edition armies always had plenty of armour. Who knows what 6th will be like !

DEMON : " When next we meet, i shall tear you limb from limb...there will be no escape. "

Hero: " You bring balloon animals and i'll hire a clown..... we can make it a regular party. "

p1fxDate: Saturday, 02-Jun-2012, 21:08:01 | Message # 7
Colonel
Yeah not much in the way of tanks, but plenty of Devastators. May be getting a Predator though, and the Dreadnoughts help a lot. But not overly worried about the lack of tanks that much tbh.

As for painted, well these will be the first full army I have painted, when I finish them. Running low on paint at mo but have nearly finished all the troops, just the vehicles, walkers and bikes to do really. Oh and they are my own home made chapter, so my own colour scheme rather than going for a published one.

CRUSAD3RDate: Sunday, 03-Jun-2012, 13:41:10 | Message # 8
Lieutenant
1500pts all round army list:

HQ

Space marine captain- Storm Bolter, power sword and artficer armour = 133pts
Normally I personally don't spend many points on my HQ but I think you could probably do that since you don't have alot of expensive units.
Optional=Command Squad-
Company Champion,
Vet1-Flamer,melta-bombsx2,
Vet2- Powerfist,
Vet3-melta gun, melta-bombsx2
+ a rhino/razerback twin-linked plasma gun and lascannon, extra armour= 280pts(if you drop a few scouts and all camo cloaks for both squads and whirlwind you can get this. just double check.)

Troops

Tactical Squad- Ten men, flamer,multimelta, sergeant with powerfist, rhino = 230
Tactical Squad- Ten men, flamer,multimelta, sergeant with powerfist, rhino = 230

Scout Squad- (You'll have to proxy!:))

8 Scouts, 7snipers, heavy bolter with hellfire shells,
Optional 8camocloaks = 148

8 Scouts, 7snipers, heavy bolter with hellfire shells,
Optional 8camocloaks = 148

Elites (You'll have to proxy with these also!)

Ironclad Dreadnaught-Seismic hammer(with Built in Meltagun), DCCW(with Built in Heavy Flamer) and drop pod with deathwind missile launcher = 195pts

Fast Attack

SEPERATE land speeders, tornado pattern both have heavy flamers and heavy bolters =120pts (60pts each)

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad-6men 2lascannons 2missile launchers(extra man for removal so your heavy guns will last longer)=206pts

Proxy a whirlwind, they are really good against any army. Apart from demons and grey knights. =86pts

1496pts all together.

This is a very simple but effective army list that you can easily get accustumed to. Have fun.

Cruz

'Cowards die many times before their actual deaths,' Augustus Gaius Julius César.

p1fxDate: Monday, 18-Jun-2012, 23:38:20 | Message # 9
Colonel
Cool, cheers. Need to proxy a lot on there though. So far I have just been sort of making a list depending on the force I am playing against. Will try your list out though.

Not actually that big a fan of Whirlwinds tbh, rather take a vindicator than a whirl and I do not rate Vindicators that much either lol, Predators seem more worthwhile.

Added (18-Jun-2012, 11:38 PM)
Added a few more things to the collection; and extra jump assault marine with plasma pistol, a combat squad, marine with melta gun as a option for tactical squad, a Razorback, 2 more bikers and a Landraider.

Forum » Warhammer 40k Discussions » Warhammer 40k - General » Need help building a army list
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024